Wednesday, December 1, 2021

It's Hard To Say NO

The Magic Kingdom rides again ...... and again ........

But first, the windshield wipers on my truck weren't even coming close to removing water.  It's no surprise since I don't think I have changed them in maybe ten years?  Not long ago I discovered a local Napa Auto Parts shop with very nice gentlemen.  So nice they even put the new wipers on for me.  It's a good thing since they cost $35.  Next time maybe I'll check out Walmart.  Then again, maybe these will last another ten years!!

I was OFF to the Castle.  Even with the time change, I arrived right on time to a scary big Santa Claus hiding at the top of the stairway.  Believe it or not, it looked so real I wasn't sure until I got right in front of it.  The Christmas decorations are up!!

My usual two straw Coca Cola was waiting for me.  It always surprises me that the bartender knows what I order, but then again, it's a bar and I'm probably the only person who orders a coke.  We had a great time discussing the new rides that will appear at the Pumpkin Patch next year.  People are going to be shocked to see what's coming up, but for now, it's a secret!

I headed down to the dungeon a little early since I had not set up at the end of the last session.  Like Boy Scouts, we try to be prepared.  This time I failed miserably.  Wasn't I surprised to find the door to the safe room locked.  It's a walk-in and used only for Bingo, so off I wandered looking for a key.  NO, I do not want a key permanently ... that leads to too many other times you have to be present.  As it is, three times a week is too much!!


Thank goodness my best girl showed up to count the cards.  It's so much easier on me if they are fast and accurate instead of slow and complete disorganized.  The peasants like it too since they don't have to stand in line for two hours to get their playing cards.  

"Here's your receipt, your XX dollars change and your LITTLE RED TICKET".  If your red ticket number is called, you get ten pull tabs.  You would be lucky to win $1, may $2.  I constantly blurt out DON'T LOSE YOUR RED TICKET, as they cannot be replaced.  

After many complaints of lost tickets, I now say it ... EVERY ... SINGLE ... TIME ... I hand out a receipt.  Still, it never fails that someone comes and says I didn't give them a red ticket.  Sure enough, I'm yelled at because she insists I did not give her said ticket.  Everyone knows the drill, but everyone has to try getting another one anyway.  

I can't tell you how many we have picked up off the floor because they lost them, or how many were stolen from the tabletop.  Seriously, you cannot leave anything of importance on the tables or it will disappear, which automatically means I never gave it to them.  I HATE those little red tickets!!

There was no yelling or screaming, except for the first Bingo when TEN people won the $250 pot.  That does not make for smiles in the dungeon, or at the infernal machine since I have to count out everyone's pot separately.  Even worse, the men helping the winners have a hard time remembering exactly who won!!

Pots are always made up of small bills so they can donate to the PIG.  Everyone who wins donates because otherwise they will have bad luck forever and ever.  A $250 payout will usually get us $5, sometimes $10.  That money is donated to a different organization every night, like Veterans, the Homeless Shelter, Kids Baseball or even our Christmas dinner for challenged children.  I always try to make it easy for them to donate, by giving out small bills.  That amounted to 50 one dollar bills.

Then it happened.  The scullery maids in the dungeon kitchen made pulled pork and macaroni salad.  It's a treat they said ... and we HAVE to eat it all up.  When they put that plate down in front of my cohort counting cards, I completely caved.  OMG!!!  It looked SO good!!  There was no way I could say NO. 

I cheated of course, instead of eating the bun it was served on, I just ate the meat and the salad.  Boy was THAT a big mistake!!  Within an hour I had indigestion like my stomach was on fire.  What the heck was in that??  I went begging for my friend Tums, just like the peasants looking for another red ticket!!

Nancy has learned her lesson in spades.  I will not partake of the cooks offerings again.  The rest of the evening went pretty well.  We had 123 pleasant peasants, mostly because they bought so many cards we were able to pay $250 for all of the 22 bingo games.   Money makes everyone a happy camper!!

When I finally arrived home at 11:30 my time (I stick to Arizona time as much as possible), wasn't I surprised to find my errant material sitting at the door.  This I ordered on November 5 from a big store in Missouri.  I think it traveled by slow donkey.


This morning deserves two more tums before my morning java.  No kidding, I can still feel that food coursing through my veins!!  If I can get up the energy, I'm headed to the mountains about 45 minutes away.  






10 comments:

  1. Pulled pork and macaroni salad sounds wonderful to me! Glad you've got good help there sure makes it easier, otherwise it'd be crazier than it already sounds!! LOL..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the food sounded wonderful too, but I guess my stomach thought otherwise! LOL

      Delete
  2. I can't believe what you have to put up with. Talk about pushing buttons. Oh by the way, I don't think you gave me my red ticket!!
    Sorry about the tummy upset, who'd think mac salad would do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they all like to test the waters, but they should be nice. After all, we are volunteers!!

      Delete
  3. In some countries, when a person 'votes' they dip their index finger in ink...perhaps some red ink on their finger tips??? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, they would just figure out a way to remove it and say we didn't "dip" them!!

      Delete
  4. Yeah I'm pretty sure a clerk at Walmart wont be volunteering to install new wipers on your vehicle anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt they would know how, Frank. I don't mind paying for the good service I got ... it saved me some frustration!!! And those guys in that store ... they always make me laugh!!!

      Delete
  5. I do like going to the Auto store where they install the blades when I have to get them.
    Bingo players are a fun bunch to just get through picking there cards and then placing them ever so carefully with there "lucky charms", or maybe they do not do that anymore, and you all added "red tickets" to make it even more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes ... the lucky charms abound!! Almost everyone has at least two, and some have ten or more. Bingo is serious business!!

      Delete