Monday, December 20, 2021

Fog Advisory

Try as I might, I still had beaucoup stuff to pack yesterday morning.  It truly brings out the organizer in me to try and fit all that stuff in the freezer, small as it is.  How do you fifth wheel people do it??

At long last, I thought I had everything and proceeded to do the hookup.  I should have read the directions to remind me what to do.  No amount of finagling could get the panel to turn on and retract the jacks.  I tried to be patient, but the old brain refused to remember.  I finally went looking for the instruction book.

As I pulled out of the driveway, my mind went crazy thinking about every step ... and did I get everything!  The foggy weather didn't help much, although as you can see, within 20 miles, it wasn't too bad.


By the time I hit Fresno, the sun had come out just in time to see the bullet train bridge finally completed.  You can now go completely across Fresno, or at least you could if there was actually a train, which they think they now cannot afford.  I'll be dead before they finish THAT project!!


The kids did fine .... Jonathan kitty kittied most of the way and Cooper just slept.  That was a miracle, I think maybe due to the air bags.  It really was a better ride than previously.  Although I feel like this trailer is small, it sure looks huge in pictures.  


Time flew by as I snacked most of the way.  In no time I was parked at the Orange Grove RV Park.  The amount of oranges on the trees is epic.  Although most are small, I was able to find some big juicy ones to take along.  


OH BOY are they ever good!!  I couldn't find a grocery bag, so I filled up two small boxes.  I have maybe ten, plenty to share when I arrive in Tucson. 


That's when I made the big discovery.  I completely forgot ALL of my checkbooks and passwords.  I'm going to have to come up with another way of doing things I suppose. 

Poor Cooper ... Mom doesn't speak DOG very well, and once we were situated, he began barking.  Good grief!  It took me ten minutes to figure out I forgot to give him some water.  Poor baby!!

So we were all settled in for the night with two heaters going, since the prediction for 32 degrees sounded way too cold for this crew!!  As it turned out, it only got down to 38 but that was low enough to run the big jet engine heater.  It woke me up every time it turned on in spite of the closed door.  Oh well .. that will get me used to Quartzsite.

And we are off again early this morning heading for Needles, then south.


14 comments:

  1. Those oranges look awesome! How nice to be able to pick them right off the tree! Glad you made it to the RV park with no problems. Enjoy the drive today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a nice drive ... the oranges are the prize.

      Delete
  2. Those Oranges are always so good! We still have one or two from when we went through there a month ago when they weren't ready for heavy picking. (so none to share since we only have 5 to start with)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely sweet now!! No one was picking them except me. Apparently people don't know the secret!!

      Delete
  3. 17 here this morning, your heater would be going non stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW!!! I guess that's okay if you have a big house and lots of electricity!! I imagine it's much more beautiful to boot.

      Delete
  4. Glad to see you and the crew are finally heading south. Glad those air bags are doing great. So Fresno has a bullet train rail but no bullet train. Just great!πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The train is supposed to go from Merced to Bakersfield, the least congested freeway. So far it goes almost (if it can jump a bridge or two) through Fresno. And they have spent billions on it already.

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted to stop at that RV park but Jerry likes to stop at Peggy Sue's. That makes a long day. Glad the fog wasn't a problem. Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The problem is it makes for the longest day of driving if I stop there. It's a good 7-1/2 hours to Quartzsite!!!

      Delete
  6. My worst forget was forgetting to put the new yearly stickers on my license plates so we got stopped for expired plates. Fortunately the county mountie's computer showed we did indeed buy them so he just gave us a fixit ticket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!! That's a good one!!! I'm surprised you got stopped. Didn't think they even looked at those any more.

      Delete
  7. Yay! On the road to AZ. :) ♥
    Glad the ride is smooth and we don't have to worry about what we forgot to bring, just what did we forget to do back at the Ridge. Ha ha We forgot to give Gibbs water on our first couple of days, now we constantly fill his little dish. He drinks a lot! Safe travels, I'm still amazed that you are pulling the 5th wheel. My hero!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you Patsy!!! Really, this rig is an easy pull and I owe it all to my truck!! Expect Bill and I to have some long talks though!!!!

      Delete