Thursday, December 30, 2021

Get Ready ... Get Set .....

 I'm not going yet, but plans are in the air.  In the meantime, I seem to notice the weirdest things.  Remember that toilet paper roll they skinned down by half an inch or more?  Well they did it to my paper plates too!  Yessirree ... same plates, even the same pattern and they are now smaller than before, but of course cost a few cents more.  That sort of thing is probably happening more than we realize.


After breakfast, which is where I noticed the plates, I began the baking process.  Those cookies from the Chance house were so good I just had to make some.  Anything with chocolate and peppermint can't be bad!!  


Then it was on to chores around the house.  I cleaned off the front walkway and porch in anticipation of my newest toy, the quilting longarm, but my latest acquisition kept telling me to try it out.  Not a great picture, but this tree's branches are rubbing against the RV cover.  If ever there was a sticky wicket, this tree is it with it's one inch long spikes that could definitely kill you.


Here's the savior of the day.  My chain saw on a stick.  This immediately became one of my all time favorite toys, or rather tools, to play with.  It's battery operated!!  How cool is that?  It's pretty powerful and zipped off branches 2" in diameter like they were nothing.  

A little heavy for me to hold up, it has one more extension if you need to reach the top of the tree.  I'm telling you guys, this was a blast and did quick work of the branches.  Unfortunately I then had to cut the branches up and stack them in a pile.  That was NOT the fun part.  The battery does not show in this picture because I already removed it.  What a kick this was to use!!


With the hard work done, I grabbed the game camera and downloaded the images.  Lookie here ... my all time favorite visitor came to say hello.  What a gorgeous kitty kitty.  I'm pretty sure this is the mama.  I've heard a couple of yowls and it's mating season.  


The strange part is these were taken at 7:00 in the morning.  I sure wish I had looked out the window and gotten a few pics with my camera.  In the video just before this one, a bunny had been wandering around the area.  It looks like she smells him.  Yum yum ... dinner.  Except the bunnies seem to always be one step ahead of the coyotes and kitties.


In the meantime, I've been watching lots of quilting videos on how to use my machine.  SO SO much to learn.  This should keep my brain going for years!!

My last note ... I waited too long.  Discount Solar is closed until January 3rd.  Darn, I should have called earlier.  Hopefully I can fit into their schedule.  In the meantime, I better caffeinate my brain like crazy if I'm going to learn that machine.


14 comments:

  1. What a cool bobcat sighting, that would be one of my favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love those guys, but don't see them too often. This one is a beauty!

      Delete
  2. Good job on that tree. Those work good until the branch is just too thick, seen Arny do his Cherry Tree with it, but his Elm Tree is too big so he calls out a Professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of the branches around here are small enough. It will work great on my trees back in Cali also. Love it!!

      Delete
  3. What a handy tool that chainsaw on a stick is. Wish we would have had it a couple of years ago. You got some great wildlife in your backyard. I'd be afraid for my doxies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never let Cooper out unless I'm standing right there. Or sitting on the patio. They can definitely be snatched up in a flash.

      Delete
  4. You'll do just fine with you new toys. 😊
    Such great videos you are getting! I agree with Marlene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that learning curve thing! But I suppose that's what keeps my brain going ... challenge.

      Delete
  5. Yes....awesome videos. Jerry's sister got one of those chain saws for Christmas. She was so excited. Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ... another tool lover besides me!! They work really well!!

      Delete
  6. Cute little bobcat. You're going to be a trained tree trimmer in no time. I'll never clog my head with quilting videos 😁 Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tree trimmers make big bucks nowadays ... it may be extra income!!

      Delete
  7. I was told only yesterday that Kleenexes sold in the usual size box are SMALLER. I buy the cheaper kind, so I wouldn't know. But yes, the "one pound can" of tomatoes, etc scaled down to 14.5 oz years ago.
    Sounds like you had a productive day...and those treats look very good indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... I never even thought about canned goods being smaller. Bigger profits I suppose.

      Delete