Thursday, December 23, 2021

Queen of Boondocking!

 I heard you laugh!!!  Yeah that's not me, obviously, but I aspire to be the Queen of Boondocking.  Of course it may not happen in my lifetime, but I'll give it a shot.  I didn't have time nor the energy to get my truck washed yesterday, so I left the garage door open, along with the front door of the house.  I'm able to breathe a tad bit better.  I have to say though, it's causing some really weird dreams!!

Cooper and I were up early.  It was a three cup morning as I unpacked as much as I needed from the trailer.  My biggest lesson learned is to leave everything that I use on a daily basis, IN the trailer.  Packing and unpacking is one of the biggest complaints I hear because it's usually left up to the wife.  I did that on a cabin cruiser for a few years and it's no fun, but that's another story.

As I walked outside, I unexpectedly scared Doug who was walking up my little path.  Yuma gave me his usual warm greeting!  He's such a sweet dog ... he loves everyone!!


In no time they were packed up and ready to leave, their water leak repaired and heading off into the wild blue yonder.  I took a picture of their repair guy's business name and phone number in case I need service. Doug said they were very professional, didn't overcharge and he seemed to know exactly what he was doing.


Next up, I unloaded the chainsaw-on-a-stick I brought along for Dan and I to use on our trees.  It sure beats standing on a ladder trying to trim the branches.  I had to step up into my truck bed to get it out of the toolbox.  Whoa Nelly ... that was a tall step with those air bags full.

I just think it's so cool ... the fill valves come out the holes of your license plate.  Again, my handy dandy Ryobi mini air compressor worked like a charm, mostly because it has a pressure gauge on it.  It's even strong enough to fill up my Jeep tires, but probably not my truck tires.  Hopefully I never have to try.


With that done, it was time to tackle the leveling system.  I have the App on my phone that connects to my trailer with a special code number.  Once connected, I can sit in my truck and turn on all the lights, open the awning ... all sorts of cool stuff.  It shows the air in the tires too, as well as the leveling system.

It immediately said I had a fault (yeah, I knew that) ... and I had to click yes to acknowledge it.  I had visions of the front hitting the ground really hard when I hit the wrong button.  I contemplated it for a minute, then went over and turned on the control panel.  Yippee!!  A green light!  I hit the level button and it did it's thing with NO crash!!!  That's one rhinestone in my Queen tiara!


So here she is, all level and ready for my next foray in a few short weeks.  I imagine eventually I'll get the hang of it.  


I tried to do some menial tasks, like cleaning the house of all the accumulated dead bugs, but curiosity got the best of me.  I know you are thinking the same thing ..... I wonder if the generator will start?

I hauled it outside and gave it one pull.  HEY .... I think it tried to run!  I pulled a few more times, then choked it once and tried again.  It sprang to life!  YAHOO!!!  I didn't kill it after all.  It ran okay for about four minutes before surging.  I've no idea what that's about, so I shut it off.  At least it's still got some life left in it.  Maybe I'll run it under a load for a time or two and see if it will clear up.  It can't get any worse, right??

Do you have all your Christmas shopping done?  I made one trip to the grocery store to get Jonathan food and I was shocked at the amount of people there.  I'm very thankful I don't have to go to some place like Walmart.

Here's hoping you all have a very fun week!!


14 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all went well for you. I wondered if you would ever get that 5th wheel leveled and glad to hear you did 😀 And even the generator works now. Two for two for the Boondocking Queen to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just pure luck Doug!! But I'm learning .....

      Delete
  2. Check the oil level in the Generator. Glad you made it home and YES, unpacking and packing your rig is a pain in the KNEES and the Back. Back in 2017 I got a VersaCart to help with the loading and unloading. I can take it right up into the motorhome, load it, then I step out of the rig and carefully pull it down the stairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cart would definitely help. Maybe I'll look into that!! It's the fridge and freezer that get me.

      Delete
  3. Two for two, just like Doug said. ♥ Are you sure you only got that repair guy's # for when your trailer needs service? He looks like a cutie. :) Just sayin'
    You talk about packing and unpacking, the fulltime lifestyle is the answer! Well, I still am not keen on closing things up to move locations but it is minimal in comparison and we still like a change of scenery. Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woops! Don't forget to polish your crown tonight, you deserve it.

      Delete
    2. You mean polish my one little rhinestone?? LOL. It's true, you don't have as much to move around, but it's still a lot to be sure everything is contained and stable. Kudos to you both!!

      Delete
  4. I love Patsy's comment about polishing your crown! LOL. When we leave I don't mind filling the trailer, it's coming home and unpacking that is my least favorite thing to do. The app on your phone sounds really cool. You will get the hang of it the more you do it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it ... the excitement of going, but coming home, ugh!! That's why I leave it full of everything I need. Mostly I unpack fabric and food.

      Delete
  5. Welcome home! Now that we have a home base again one of the biggest pains is to haul stuff in and out of the camper. We have started to acquire a second set of everything that we can to minimize all the back and forth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it ... I have three of everything and plenty of extra clothes. I don't like unpacking at all!!

      Delete
  6. Question you made a statement that you had some plugs in yourAz house they gave up the ghost
    Did you ever figure out the reason
    were they that way before you even left this last springtime
    Where the breakers tripped
    If the breakers were tripped that's not normal you might wanna find a professional electrician to check out your wires for rodent / rat / pack rat damage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a hairdryer next time plug it into your generator start your generator and turn your hairdryer on under a load it'll stop surging
      When you're not using it shut the valve to the fuel line off leave yourself a note to remind you to turn it back on when you go to use it

      Delete
    2. I have not figured it out, other than I think maybe they are attached to a GFI that I can't find. I called an electrician, but few come this far out of Tucson. I'll keep working on it. Far as I know, there is no valve to the fuel line to shut off. I'll go look!!

      Delete