Friday, December 24, 2021

Merry Christmas Eve!!!!

 At the time, I didn't think this year could go by fast enough.  Thankfully it's almost done, and not one with a lot of great memories ... just weird ones.  Or maybe that was still the smell of gas in my house.  Merry Christmas Eve to one and all!!


My very first job yesterday was to get the truck washed.  You just cannot imagine the extent of fumes from the bed of the truck, even though I left the garage door open all day.  The only time I could breathe was going 70 mph down the freeway to the carwash.


I was happy they didn't ask me about the smell.  The $12 was worth every penny!!


I always love the psychedelic lights that come on, followed up with soap of the same color.  I have to admit the Mister Car Washes use the right stuff, because all the sticky highway gunk always comes off.  I did have to scrub a bit on the back where the gas sat too long.  Not only is she now clean as a whistle, but she smells PURDY!!


On the way home, I stopped in at Popeyes for their spicy chicken sandwich.  I was pretty disappointed in the 1/4 cup of macaroni and cheese.  The cup is full in their advertisements!  It was delicious, but this time there was so much spicy on the chicken that I couldn't taste the Mac n cheese.  Woohoo!!!


I made a quick stop at the bank for check registers so I can keep track while my checks take a rest at home.  Lucky for me I pay for everything online.  I have to say Chase bank handled this entire mail stealing thing like a pro, unlike my other two banks who have done nothing to help me out.

Next up, I discovered a leak in the drip lines out front.  Why is it every time you cut one of these lines, it immediately shrinks up half an inch?  I measured and measured, then cut it a quarter inch too long.  It was STILL too short!!!  RATS!!  Now I have to make ANOTHER connection.  See ... this is what the MEN are good at!!


Back in the house, I was admonished by the King of the Roost for putting that yellow ball on the table.  He has a schnawz that can find those balls anywhere.  I didn't arise instantly, and was promptly barked at.  


We played race horse around the house about twice before I ran out of breath.  It was time to head off to the Chance household for cookie and crunch making.  Are these not fabulous?  I've seen them many times, but never made any.  I didn't make these either, Patty did, but I stuck them in the white chocolate while Patty did the sprinkles of peppermint candy.  

It's a good thing these were not at my house ... DELICIOUS!!  I would have eaten every one of them.


Then it was on to making ChristMoose Crunch the right way with white chocolate.  All this is being packaged up and given to the horse camp girls this weekend.


I hope your stockings are hung by the fire with care .........


and Santa comes to your house while you sleep.  


The only thing that came by my house last night was a big pack of coyotes at 3:00, singing for all they were worth.  I thought it was an ambulance next door.  If I'm really lucky, I might have caught them on my game camera.  I'll check it out this morning.  

Here's to a wonderful CHRISTMAS!!!


12 comments:

  1. Wishing you a very merry and joyful Christmas back in Arizona. Hope Santa will come by for Cooper with a new ball. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marlene ... I'm pretty sure Cooper has been a good boy this year!!

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas to you and Cooper, and a big BARK-YAP-BARK from Indy to Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Indy!!!! I hope Santa brings her lots of toys!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you, Barb and your fur kids.

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas Eve Nancy. Not only to you but also to your house mates, Cooper and Johnathan. Have fun, Santa should find you since you've been a good girl all year! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy ... I'm sure Santa found you guys last night. Can't wait to see Gibbs and his new toys.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas Eve to you and your house mates! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb ... and to you both, have a wonderful day.

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas! Those cookies look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Shirley and Ken. Those cookies were YUMMY!

      Delete