Wednesday, December 29, 2021

New Projects Coming Up

I guess you know what these are.  I stepped on two yesterday, making me jump like crazy, mostly from thinking I stepped on some big bug ... or scorpion.  The accompanying SQUEAK is enough to make me elevate into the air.  YIKES!!  Oh, it's just Cooper's ball ... again.  So I gathered them up and put them on the counter.  It took him all of two minutes to find them and bark at me to give him one back. 


I had a few cleanup jobs to get done before heading off to Green Valley to gather the supplies I need for the indoctrination into quilting tomorrow.  I spent over an hour sitting at a machine learning about the bobbin and tension.  Me thinks you need to be a mechanic to run these things.  

By the way, since there's no room in the sewing room, it's being set up in the living room.  It's just a pathway to the bedroom anyway.  I'm getting excited.

Mr. Chance stopped by to see if he could get the generator to start.  This thing ..... it's causing me headaches!!  Believe it or not, he decided it was out of gas.  We could hear no sloshing at all.  How could that be when I filled it to overflowing and it hasn't run since??  Where did it go????????  He put some into the tank until we could hear sloshing.  Interestingly, none dripped out the bottom.


RATS!!  No amount of pulling could get it to start, so we headed out on the next Great Wall project.  As the rains come down, the hill makes alluvial planes in my driveway, making for continued tractor work.  The Great Wall will keep everything on the hill intact, or at least that's the plan.  

Off we went to the place that makes blocks of every kind and shape to get a pallet set on the back of Dan's big trailer.  Back home, we took about half off by hand, then Dan used the front end loader to remove the rest.  I'm paying close attention, and of course will help, because I have no idea how to get this project started.  I'm hoping to learn something here.


Then we played musical trucks to get Dan's equipment back home.  I drove the BAT (big ass truck), and let me tell you, it's BIG!!  I couldn't reach the pedals, nor could I see over the steering wheel while pulling that big trailer.  Good heavens ... you push a button to start, but it doesn't start unless your foot in on the brake, there's a button that folds the outside mirrors up and so many other buttons I was afraid to touch anything!!!

Then there was the GATE!  A narrow gate that luckily the big rear view mirrors tower over ... but that big even wider trailer was attached!!  I felt like that fiftteen year old tossed in a cattle truck and told to drive.  There was a big sigh of relief when I didn't hit anything as I pulled into their yard.

Back home, I scoffed at the generator sitting in the garage.  Just for giggles, I pull the handle three times and SHOCK OF SHOCKS!!  The darn thing started.  I ran inside, got my hair dryer and plugged it in.  WOW ... with such a seemingly small load, it cranked up like a caterpillar and purred like a kitten.  Little generator, you are going to be the bane of my existence, yeah?  After ten minutes, I put it away.  I'll try again today, just to see what happens.


In the meantime, here's another video that I LOVE LOVE LOVE.  I don't get to see these guys very often. They are just the cutest ever!  Very fat and sassy!!


Just for fun, I spotted this yesterday.  That's what I feel like every time I step on the scales.


I'm calling Discount Solar in Quartzsite today for info on solar panels.  I'll let you know what I come up with.

12 comments:

  1. Yay! The generator cooperated for you!! Oooh, I love the video of the 'coons too. ♥
    Also, I love the last picture. I don't wear a collar so I believe it is my rings. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Patsy ... it's the rings. For me, it's my socks ... they are just SO heavy!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the name BAT. That's what I want, but I would to sell my house to get one.😀 So glad that generator started. You with generators and me with inverters🥵 were those cuties raccoons? Good luck with the solar estimate. And good luck with the Great Wall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also LOVE to have a BAT, but alas, they are way too expensive nowadays. That's why I'm sticking with my 16 year old baby. Yes, I know your inverter pain. Hopefully it's fixed soon!

      Delete
  3. I am looking forward to seeing the quilts you finish.
    We had our solar put on at Discount Solar in Quartzsite and have been very happy with the job they did for us.
    Those racoons are cute and sassy looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's where I heard Discount Solar's name first, was on your blog. I'm hoping for a January appointment.

      Delete
  4. Cute video. That chubbet looks like Cindy! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just the cutest? I love them. Wish I saw more of them.

      Delete
  5. Discount Solar has an excellent reputation so something should go right in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be cool???? I just hope I can fit in their schedule.

      Delete
  6. I love the last picture, so me! I'm sure the wall is a great idea. When we lived in CA in Colfax we had to do the same thing as we were on a hill. Ken likes his flat land now. :) Good luck with the solar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I'm looking forward to no-generator boondocking.

      Delete