Saturday, December 25, 2021

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

 The changing landscape of Arizona never ceases to amaze me.  Cooper and I slept in a few minutes longer on Christmas Eve before getting up to dark skies with a little predicted rain.  Outside, the morning sun was putting on a spectacular show.


The minutes flew by as the colors just exploded.


That's when the rain began to come down and this double rainbow appeared in the glow of the sunrise in the back yard.  Mother Nature sure is an artist!!


In no time, it turned dark and foreboding as more rain began to fall.  It didn't last long, just enough to make the desert smell of creosote bushes (or whatever it is).  I do love that smell!


It finally cleared up enough for Cooper and I to go for a quick walk down the driveway after I spent an hour digging up dandelions from my back yard.  The weed and feed I put on three months ago worked, kinda sorta.  The leaves looked dead, but the roots were alive and well, still putting out those pretty little yellow denizens of the devil.  I'll be out there again today.


Lucky for the bunny, Cooper didn't see him, he was so well camouflaged as he sauntered along eating all the little green pieces of grass.  I'm surprised they have survived considering the rise in coyote presence.  More on that later.


In the late afternoon, I went over to the Chance Household for Christmas Eve dinner.  Pozole and cornbread.  Man oh man I wish I could cook like that.  I'm going to try it later in the week since I got a huge chunk of pork loin for half price at Safeway.  

Once home, I turned on my Christmas lights.  Yeah, I'm not fooling you guys.  These solar flashing rope lights help keep the pack rats away, but they ARE kind of Christmasy!


We hung Cooper's stocking on the fireplace with care.  Not the traditional color, I know.  It seems we left his stocking on the OTHER fireplace, so a quick check of my boot sock drawer had to suffice.  After a few good belly laughs watching the train wrecks played out on "Before 90 Day Fiance" (I've never watched it previously) Cooper and I headed to bed, with visions of sugarplums in his head.


What to our wondering eyes should appear this morning?  Santa Clause found us and deposited a now favorite toy for Cooper, along with TWO new balls.


Anything that squeaks or looks remotely like a play toy is fair game.  He loved it and it's squeaking as I type.  The two balls are already underneath the couch, awaiting my morning yoga exercises.


Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you have a wonderful day ... Cheers to the end of 2021!!




12 comments:

  1. "Before 90 Day Fiance"? Ya, I will pass on that one. Have a GREAT Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cooper looks so happy with new toys! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 90 Day Fiance??? Dumb me. I am addicted. And there are so many off shoots from the original show. I can't keep up! Don't ever watch again so the same thing doesn't happen to you. Surprisingly some of those marriages have worked! Elva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy? I never laughed so hard!! That too funny you watch it too!!!

      Delete
  5. Glad Cooper was a good little boy and got a present. Where is yours? Merry Christmas💫

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas! I think those lights count we have them all around the Stinger "B" and one set under the Jeep...lol Hope you enjoyed a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete