Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Air and Bags!!

 My every morning begins with Cooper play.  No matter how I try to distract him, nothing works.  This goes on for about fifteen minutes before I'm allowed to head for my treasured cup of coffee.  Somehow I always seem to get in my morning yoga downward dog stretches too, when he rolls it under the living room chairs.  I owe him my flexibility.


The first order of the day was to skirt around the rain about to come down and head for the RV.  I dumped the water tank easily, but it required refilling.  That meant dealing with this nightmare of a panel.  On my old Class A rig, all I had to do was turn one valve from City Water to Fill.  This one requires lots of reading, along with moving four of the five little colored valves before turning the water on.  

To make it MORE fun, I always have to take a long look at the white knob on the bottom that says Grey Tank.  In not-so-readable letters above it, it says City Water Connection.  I even remembered to open a valve inside to let the extra air escape from the tank.  It's always a test of my concentration.


I only filled it about half way.  Unlike the other rig where I wanted all the weight I could muster to keep me more stable on windy days, I'd rather not have to pull the extra weight here.  

Then I was off to Noble Motorsports.  My beautiful sixteen year old truck (I can't believe it's that old since I've never had a vehicle live more than ten years) was in need of bags.  Air bags to be exact.  On the last trip back home, there were several instances of bouncing, making for a scary ride.  I really wanted to stiffen up the springs a little.  Having checked around with several of my contractor friends who haul big loads, this seemed the most cost affective way to do it.

I arrived right on time to a freezing cold shop.  The waiting room didn't get any warmer in spite of them turning the heater on.  I had a long three hours to wait, made much more boring by the fact that I ran off and left my phone at home.  How did we get along without them in the old days??


At least they had a magazine rack, or rather a cardboard box with magazines on top next to the two chairs. I spent my time reading about diesel trucks, all the new gizzies and gadgets I could add to my ride, about guns I could add to my collection and even a few amazing pictures of body builders.  The time dragged on very slowly as my feet froze.

At long last they were done.  Here's an interesting little tidbit ... they of course put in valves so I could add air to the bags depending on the weight I'm carrying.  Those valves come right through the holes that keep my license plate in place.  The bags are easily filled with my handy dandy battery operated air compressor.

Adding to the beauty of my beast, are these new step rails.  I purchased a lovely pair when I got the truck.  On the way home, I stopped by Save Mart grocery store, where an 18 year old first time driver backed into me, smashing one side.  At least the truck didn't get damaged.

He pleaded with me not to turn him in, so I agreed, if he paid me $300 in cash for the damage.  I got all of his information, and sure enough, he met me the next day with the cash.  Little did I know, I could not replace just one.  I had to replace BOTH for $600.  I never had it done.  

Noble Sports replaced them with these for $400 ... the same step rails.  My ride is shining again!!  I have to also admit that on the way home, the ride was SO much better, even with minimal air in the bags.  Wow, what a difference!!  I can't wait to see how the ride is pulling the trailer.


Did I mention friend Cyndae came down from the Sacramento area?  She needed a day away to sew doll clothes for her granddaughters.  That was an adventure in itself with no pattern and no directions.  Amazingly, we got two pair of Levis and two pair of pajamas sewn up in record time.  


The day ended with Cooper chasing his buddy Halo around the front yard before the rains began in earnest.  It poured all night long with lots of wind, making for bumps in the night that kept me awake.  There most likely will be napping going on very soon since it's Magic Kingdom night yet again.

This will be $5 coupon night ... a real pain in my you know what, until we came up with a magical idea.  The King and his Knight will pass out the coupons, leaving me completely out of the equation.  Yahoo for being excluded!!!!  We will return to China in a day or two.


10 comments:

  1. Your truck looks to be in good shape for being 16 years old! Says a lot about the owner. 😍
    Cute seeing Cooper playing with the ball! One day maybe Gibbs will slow down enough to learn that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gibbs has to get a few years under his belt! LOL.
      I admit, there are times when I am thankful Cooper has quieted down a tad.

      Delete
  2. That is quite the panel in the RV. I'm sure the air bags will make a huge difference! That's so sweet..doll clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty crazy compared to my old rig with only three handles. Two to dump and one for the water.

      Delete
  3. I have airbags like that on my motorhome (rear only) but also a pump to fill as needed. I found that 30lbs is just about right...too much more and you feel every bump, less and it gets real bouncy. Poor Indy HATES it whenever I add or release air because it makes a WHOOOSE noise at the pump control which is right under the steering wheel. If she sees me reach under there, off to the back she goes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww poor Indy. That's a scary noise!! It's interesting where the fills are on my truck. Tested it again last night going on a really rough road ... worked like a charm.

      Delete
  4. Yuma is the same way. Until he gets his morning pets, no cellphone. Can't do both according to Yuma. Sometimes I wonder whom bosses whom or is it who bosses who?

    My those air bags look nice. Maybe I should replace mine on the White Lion but I doubt it. And no cellphone to keep you occupied in that cold building with no TV :(

    At least the dogs had fun yesterday while your friend was visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no doubt Doug, the dogs are the bosses!! LOL

      Delete
  5. Your truck is looking really, really nice hard to believe it is sixteen years old. Reading your post from yesterday you have certainly lived an interesting life. The rain and wind has made it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit, I have lived a really crazy life doing crazy things. Sometimes I just had to follow along with no say in the matter!

      Delete