Thursday, August 6, 2020

Now The Excitement Is Over .....

Everything has returned to normal since my capture of the events of the night on my game camera.  It was a complete letdown when I checked it yesterday morning to find absolutely nothing.  Oh there was one little bunny whose eyes were glaring beacons like something out of Zombieland.  Otherwise nothing stirred in the night.  Probably a good thing.

I'm playing a little catchup here with the critters.  My water station does run automatically all year round, but of course attracts the biggest critters in the summer.  It's been running 102-103 every day so I'm having to manually turn it on three or four times a day to keep it full.
This baby was a complete surprise.  I imagine this is a He, but a very young He that was the most skittish I've ever seen.  I rather imagine people chase them away.  Not here kiddo!
He seemed to be scared by the Rid-a-Rat flashing light on the back of my rig.  Least he kept looking that direction.  He would run off a few feet, then come back for more water.
Wouldn't you just like to scratch those ears?
In other exciting news, I did take the rig back to Lazydays, but I'll tell you about THAT story tomorrow.  In the meantime, Mr. Chance came over to see if he could fix my drawer track.  He already repaired the drawer with wood glue and nails.  Can you believe Tiffin uses REAL wood in their construction?  These drawers are sturdier than the ones in my house!!
It took a few tools and lots of muscle ... more than I could ever conjure up ... to bend the track back to it's former straightness.  Once we figured out the latch ... well actually DAN figured out the latch ... he closed the drawer and VOILA!!!  It's back to normal.  I'm so excited I don't have to spend hours in Lowes trying to find another track.
It's time again to check the game camera, although in this instance it's back up by the block wall.  Try as I might I couldn't get it tied to the same tree in an upright position.  I think I need a steel pole and a big hammer, which is what I had to use yesterday to get that $130 out of my wallet.  More on that later.







6 comments:

  1. Gosh I'd probably stay at the window all day long watching those cutie pies come drink water! So very cool! Love the game camera you bought, Browning is an excellent name as researched by our sons! It would have been scary to wake up and look at the camera and see the gun and guy so close to your house..at least it appears it was a good guy! I didn't get a chance to comment yesterday so incorporating it today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!! That's pretty much what I do ... sit by the window. Lucky I picked the right camera ... only because I saw pictures it had taken on the other side of Tucson.

      Delete
  2. You should add a Ball Valve to your Water Station so you could set the flow at just a trickle. That would save you from having to manually fill it.
    Nice Picture as always.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the view.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We think alike Rick. I've been wanting to do that, but the javelinas are so destructive, I'm afraid they would break it and I would be watering the desert!

      Delete
  3. Nice pictures of the animals. The only night animals we see are skunks and opposums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Doug .... I've had PLENTY of skunks! I do love the opposums though.

      Delete