Wednesday, August 5, 2020

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!

Heavens to Betsy!!  They have changed the blog format over to the new one.  I tried it again, but it doesn't work on my computer.  I can create a post, but there are no buttons to add images, nor to change it from HTML to Compose.  It defaults to HTML and all you see is garbage when you type.  How frustrating is that!!

So I've reverted back to the "old" for this post.  In spite of reporting this problem to them multiple times, it remains the same.  ON with the news!!

I purchased a game camera!!  Yes, I already have one at the other house that I don't use because it was so complicated.  After seeing some great images from this camera, I purchased it online.  It's a Strike Force HD Pro by Browning.  It takes both still photos and video, depending on how big your sd card is.

I set it up in the back yard, but didn't think it covered the water station.  Maybe I should put it in a tree instead.  There was a slight problem with all that yucca and cactus at the bottom of the tree.  My legs were poked and stuck several times as I tried to lean over and reach the branch.  Later I determined this wasn't a bad location after all.
It didn't help that I have no clue how to hook that five foot long strap to the camera.  At last I was satisfied, but had to spend five minutes trying to extricate my hair from the spikes of the tree.
The next morning I was so excited to see what I captured.  I was hoping the night became bobcat city.  Boy wasn't I surprised when I finally figured out exactly what I caught on camera!!

You may have to click on this image to enlarge it.  If you look very close at the top left, you will see a dog's hindquarters with a tail attached.  What the heck???
The next frame had THIS!!!  I was in shock.  My first thought was Sheriff, but they don't usually wear their gun belts strapped to their leg.  It must be Border Patrol.  Right here in River City, in my back yard at the water station not 50 feet from my house.  Obviously if I use this spot to hang the camera, I'm going to do some trimming of the brush.

They must have been looking for an illegal they spotted in my neighborhood.  I checked all the images again, but this was the only human I caught.   That got me wondering.  So I began tracking.
These footprints are not mine and they are not the same as the one below.  Possibly the guy they were looking for went down the hill using my pathway and steps to get away.  
These tracks went both down and back up the hill, along with a dog track.  I guess I better start locking my stuff up a little better.  The motorhome is locked, but the outside bays WERE open.  Not now!!!
So that hasn't made me feel very comfortable at all.  For those that don't think "the wall" is necessary, I am certainly a fan now!!!  At least it may slow them down.  I set the camera back up again last night, but with the wind blowing (it is motion activated) I'll probably have 150 pictures of nothing but waving bushes.  

I'll let you know tomorrow since right now I have to take my rig back to Lazydays.




18 comments:

  1. HOLY $%#@!!

    I'm still working on my first cup of coffee, so I stared at that pic for maybe 40 seconds trying to figure out where the heck the dog & tail was, then my eyes finally made out the gun in the holster on a man's hip & I screamed - out loud!!!!

    OK Missy, you're just gonna have to figure out that sketchy new blogger format *pronto* because from here on out, if you don't check in with us every morning by 9 AM sharp without fail, we are going to call 911. That's all there is to it.[shudder]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That certainly was a sight to see! I can't seem to get the new format to work on my computer. Apparently it's not just me because many others are having the same problem. I may have to find another platform. Won't THAT be fun!!

      Delete
  2. That's a cool looking camera. At first I thought it was a damaged electrical box or something!
    Weird goings on in your back yard! Maybe you can catch a man that way? Yes, definitely lock things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA!!!! Wish I had been awake for that one, I might have made a new friend!!

      Delete
  3. Amazing what goes on in the middle of the night. Can't wait to see what you capture next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could do your own tracking if you have a trail that runs through there Take a leaf rake drag it around the trail erase all evidence of foot prints including your own that way if anybody walks through or an animal walks through they leave telltale foot prints for you to see
    Another trick is to run sewing string through the tree branches about 5 foot off the ground In a square pattern Do that in three locations if the square patterns have been disrupted you'll know somebody's come through there including the deer
    There's a lot more but you don't want to harm anybody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting to say the least. I'm hoping that doesn't happen again.

      Delete
  5. Little do we know what goes on around us when we least expect it but I don't think those were the kind of pictures you intended to capture.
    You'll have to play with the sensitivity settings on your Camera so you don't capture a lot of nothing and miss everything interesting.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Lazydays.


    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all what I expected. Now I'll be disappointed if all I get is a bunny! LOL

      Delete
  6. Scary! How close do you live to the border?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's about 60 miles more or less to the border. We see lots of border patrol here, which I LOVE!!! Sheriff has a good presence too.

      Delete
  7. Well well well....very interesting. In my neighborhood it's probably best to not know what is going on at night. I like Leilani's comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Elva. I agree ... sometimes it's better NOT to know!

      Delete
  8. Try using Chrome or Firefox on your Apple Computer. Others have had the same problem you are having and the new blogger typically works on either Chrome or Firefox on a Apple Computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any idea which is better? I'm really not in to downloading new programming. I can't believe they changed it so much. When I first opened it, it worked because the HTML/COMPOSE icons were present. Now there is nothing. I can't even open my old posts.

      Delete
  9. Wow! What a surprise to find that on your camera! I'd rather know though, than not be aware of the situation. I would be thankful for Border Patrol as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised as well! It took me awhile to even figure out what I was looking at!! I'm glad they were around though.

      Delete