Thursday, August 13, 2020

Bunnies CANNOT Jump!

One more crazy cactus picture from near the Silverbell ghost town.  Instead of growing arms along his side, he grew them all at the top of the next arm.  Looks like some kind of alien.

The first order of business was to get my Jeep washed.  That didn't happen, but I was finally able to charge the vacuum cleaner up enough to clean up all the adobe dirt (what a mess that brick left), along with all the dirt and rocks attached to the cholla spine.  I think I could grow a cactus in there.

Those scratched and dirty areas on the back of the seat will go away some day.  I never expected it to remain pristine ... I carry too much junk in the back.

I checked the game camera to find my two coyotes were back around midnight for a nice cool drink.  I'm sure all the deer have escaped to the mountains with the temperatures ranging from 102-106 every day.  It's funny how the morning temps of 80 degrees feel so cool!!

These two kids are a little thin, but they are babies and I imagine haven't really learned how to hunt very well yet.  To be honest, I think I've only seen one fat coyote here.  The desert isn't very forgiving.

Next up ... mow the lawn.  It doesn't have to be done very often since grass doesn't grow all that fast in the desert, a good thing for me.  Naturally, I couldn't even get a picture without an "incident".  There I was in my jammies standing on the lawn to get this image when low and behold the sprinklers came on.  

I got blasted and totally soaked.  It actually made that 80 degrees feel pretty cool!!

The next thing I know, I look outside and there's that sneaky bunny.  What a cute little thing, right?  That would be a NO!  He's a devil in disguise, a harbinger of death!!  See those nice two sticks behind him?  That USED to be my beautiful Mexican Bird of Paradise, just about to bloom for the first time!!!  

It USED to be covered with beautiful green foliage.

 
The second I opened the door, he made his getaway.  One quick jump and he was over the wall.  Did YOU know bunnies could jump like this??  By the way, ALSO look at the used-to-be-fabulous green shrub below his evil little bunny tail!!!

 He sat on top of the fence just to taunt me, the little brat!!

A couple of hours later, I look out the window and see him AGAIN!!!  I do love the bunnies and don't mind at all if they would stick to the grass.  Eating my beautiful hard to grow little plants is a NO NO however.  I opened the door and chased him off.  Over the fence he flew like Rudolph.  Santa should take note.

The good news is that I don't have to wash my jammies now.  I'm soaked to the skin.  On the other hand, that may have been God's way of telling me I have not one but TWO drip lines that require repair, which I probably would not have heard were I not standing in the middle of the lawn getting soaked.

I'll be outside repairing sprinklers.

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Too sad about your Bird of Paradise, such a beautiful plant. Those bunnies are cute as can be, but they destroy so much! Love your game camera!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea they were so destructive!! Little brats!

      Delete
  2. Bunnies are cute but they love to eat expensive plants. Remember our Burning Bush.
    Be Safe and Enjoy fixing your sprinklers.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I remember your bush well. Guess I'll have to plant something bunny-proof.

      Delete
  3. He is a devil! Sorry about your B of P. I love the camera idea too. We were discussing the book Harbinger and then read your post using the same word. Made us girls laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh funny coincidence!! I love taking pictures of them, but not when they eat my plants!

      Delete
  4. You know, Rabbit tastes like chicken...or so they say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Dave ... I may just have to find out!!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Isn't that cool? Well, sort of. Now he comes in and out often.

      Delete
  6. We felt the same way about our prairie dogs when we first move here. So cute! But the more we got to know them and the more they destroyed, the less cute they got.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh prairie dogs are CUTE!!! I agree though, not as cute after doing damage!!

      Delete
  7. Who knew? I am laughing. A bad bunny. The words just don't seem to go together. Great photo though. If you do decide to have fried rabbit, a great favorite of my father's, then yours will at least be well fed. So glad you had a bit of rain. Would be nice to see around here. Vegetation is crispy crisp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Bunnies are supposed to just be cute!! Everything is is quite crispy too. Even the cactus are crying!

      Delete