Saturday, August 8, 2020

Fying The Coop

 Grrrrr I'm already frustrated and it's only 5:00 am.  I should have started this blog yesterday.  I finally found where I could center the pictures, but then it won't let me TYPE beginning at the left hand side.  I've just spent fifteen minutes trying to fix this one picture and it's not happening.  I'm ready to fly the coop!!

Oh look .... now it's underlining!!!!  And in BLUE when I never told it to do that!  Isn't this just SO funIt seems no matter what I do, the underline won't stop.  In an effort to fly the coop without really going anywhere (OH LOOK ... the underline finally went away... probably because I threatened to kill it!!)  ....... anyway, I've been hitting the treadmill every day for two miles.  I bet you didn't know I even HAD a treadmill!  They are still planning on opening the Pumpkin Patch, so I figured I better get in shape for those 9 mile a day walks.
Well this is becoming even MORE fun if that's possible!  I've now added and deleted every image twice because it doesn't want me to type BETWEEN images.  Maybe I should just start all over again!

This is just so weird!!  Anyway, I spotted this little creature when out gathering up the game camera.  I've seen it on my Wildlife Critters page.  Although it looks like a spider, it's actually an ant with only six legs.  Biggest thing I've ever seen.  It's about an inch long.  Sorry I've no idea of the name and if I leave this page to find out, I'll probably disappear in a puff of smoke!
Now THIS is exciting!  After three nights, finally something really cool (besides the Border Patrol) showed up on my camera.  I had some nighttime visitors!  I'm sure the one on the right is a zombie coyote.  The one on the left is drinking from a second small water dish.
How cool is that?  If the pictures look kind of weird, the camera uses infrared light.  It has a motion sensor that captures the image.  These were taken around midnight.
In the meantime, the baby dove really have flown the coop.  They spent about three days flapping their wings like crazy before finally taking off.  They went straight to the ground, just like Jonathan does.  If your wings aren't strong enough, you just make lovely crash landings. 
They actually have been coming back and spending time on the nest every day.  Then they are off on another adventure. 
In the end, it was us (the Chance family and I) that flew the coop (nothing to do with Cooper) and took off on an adventure to the Silver Bell mine.  Some times we can get into some interesting trouble while following the old train tracks, our main objective.  
 
Happily, we actually DID return.  It was so cool.  Since returning, I've found out so much more information, I'm going back!!  This time I'll take lots of water, a big shovel and a big white flag!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I know I need to try the new blogger sooner rather than later..but from the sound of it, no fun at all! Just give us old folks a choice! Love the trail cam pics, so cool to know what you've got going on in your yard! Can't wait to hear about the Silver Bell mine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with the blogger. It's never better, so I don't know why they insist on "fixing" it. That trail cam has certainly been a kick!

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to your next adventure.
    In the beginning our blogs were composed on Blogger but due to lost posts I changed that. I began composing them in a Word Document and have even progressed to adding Links on the Document itself. Once I've edited the composition it's then Copied then Pasted into Blogger.
    It used to be where I could Bulk load pictures but it's not happening at this time so it's One at a time.
    Probably due to my impatience with the New Blogger Format is not working so I'm still working on the old platform.
    The only advantage I can see would be that my Font size would remain a constant instead of the multiple sizes we experience for some time.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done that copy and paste on occasion. Uploading the pictures still doesn't work. It's one at a time, even though it says you can load multiple images.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a velvet ant, which is really a species of wasp, whose wingless females resemble large, hairy ants. Like all wasps, they can sting multiple times...so don't touch them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT'S what they called it. Oooooh but no one said it could sting!! So it's really a wasp. Yikes!!

      Delete
  4. We like following old train tracks, too. You never know what you might find. I look forward to seeing what you found this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They pulled the tracks many years ago, but I just might have to go find a spike or two.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on a successful post in the new format. I would be tearing my hair out, so if you've got some left, that is a good thing. Thanks for your efforts. I'm always interested to see what you've been up to. Or up against, more often than not....critters, contractors, etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, my hair is getting pretty thin, but I do like a challenge. I'm hoping it gets easier as it goes along.

      Delete