Monday, August 3, 2020

I HATE IT WHEN I DO THAT!

Finally tired of the beep beep, I decided to order a new alarm from online and replace it myself.  I pulled it out and took a picture to be sure I would get the same kind and size.  On to Amazon I went through the jungle of "similar", but nothing like this one.

After searching for several minutes, I FOUND IT!!  I clicked the button to place my order.  That's when I saw in big letters SHIPS IN 1 OR 2 MONTHS.  Uh no, that's not acceptable.  I checked Walmart because their ad said they had them too.

Luckily I checked the reviews also because most said it was already one year old when they received it.  With the same price of $75 as Amazon, that too was a no-go.  At this point my plan is to purchase one from Lazydays and install it myself, STILL saving about $75.00 ... hopefully!!  And so all night long, I am serenaded by beep beep beep!
Back inside the house, it is truly sad how a piece of furniture can become the highlight of your day.  Bill and Patsy of http://patsyischillin.blogspot.com have a very similar coffee table where the top lifts up.  I truly needed the storage space for all that puppy stuff .... a quick place to hide their toys.  

It was delivered yesterday and I love it!!  Now when company comes over, I just HIDE all the junk!!
All the while you KNOW I'm looking out the windows.  Who should appear but one of my beauties looking for a cool drink of water.  At 102 outside, the water isn't exactly chilly, but he drank it dry before munching down on the trees, then wandering off up the hill.
Soon after, disaster happened!!  I could kick myself twenty times.  I never need to get in these drawers in the rig, mostly because they are impossible to get to if the slide is in, so I don't put much in them.  THIS time I required entrance.

I pulled the drawer out as far as possible, but it wasn't far enough.  I needed to move the slide out.  I pushed the drawer in and went up front to hit the button.  CRACK!!!  NOOOOOOOO!!  The drawer barely caught on the edge of the slide.  

Not only did it break the side of the drawer but it bent the track it rides in.  I HATE IT WHEN I DO STUFF LIKE THAT!!!  Hoping it wasn't too terrible, I of course called Dan to the rescue.  I just knew he would have wood glue and clamps.  A few tiny nails later, she's all fixed up ... except for the bent rail.  If I can't bend it back, I'll have to find a new one.  I should probably just glue this drawer SHUT!!

We spent the evening outside in the cool 97 degree temperature checking out Granddaughter Laila's new horse.  Pictures will have to come at a later time.  He's a beauty to be sure.

Then it was off to Serial Grillers for the best salad on the planet.  Basically it's a Chef salad with the best ranch dressing ever, and I hate ranch dressing.  Sadly, there were only four people dining in.  I just don't see how restaurants are going to be able to stay in business!
This amazing sunset came from the night before.  It looked like silk was draped across the sky.  There have been more clouds and an amazing lightning show on the way home last night, but all on the wrong side of the house for me to get pictures.  We oohed and aaahhed the entire way.  A perfect end to the day.




16 comments:

  1. Accidents happen. If you need to replace that most of the major hardware stores will have it in stock.
    Beautiful Sunset and Deer pictures.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the cooler temperatures.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping you are right about the parts. The REAL problem is I should have learned my lesson. This is the second time! LOL

      Delete
  2. That beeping would drive me crazy. Maybe cut the wire since you're replacing it anyway. Nice to have Dan come over and glue up your drawer. Sounds like wonderful neighbors you have there! Serial Grillers sounds awesome! I love a great salad that I don't have to make! Love your new coffee table!! I can't ever replace mine as Ken made it for me 46 years ago :) Love those colorful sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He MADE your table? Wow ... I would certainly keep it in that case!! How cool.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Wasn't it something? We don't get those in California.

      Delete
  4. Nancy, we have a similar computer table in our New Horizons. David used often when he used his computer. Unfortunately, currently part of the table is where one of our copier sits making the working area tight. Also, it is very difficult to 'close' because much of the open area is now filled with electric cords and other crap that belongs to David. Very very unorganized and a 'lost cause' in cleaning up. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO! Well, I have to admit mine is now completely full of doggie toys!! Sure is nice to have everything out of sight though.

      Delete
  5. Slides are definitely a "Love Them and Hate Them" kinda thing. Leaks. Hitting things putting them out and taking them out (things inside and outside). Yet they bring so much more room and comfort to the RV lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Dave. I do LOVE the extra room, I just have to engage my brain first!

      Delete
  6. With my luck I would probably forget I glued the drawer shut so pulled the front off it trying to get it open.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Linda .... I'm sure I would be right behind you on that!!

      Delete
  7. We did the same thing to one of our cabinet doors. It had popped open while on the road and when we put the slide out it hit it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm extremely lucky that I didn't destroy the drawer completely. It goes to show Tiffin uses quality wood to make them or it would be in splinters.

      Delete
  8. Nice coffee table Nancy, great for storage of anything you want. I would disconnect the CO2 detector until the new comes. You are not staying in the coach so it won't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bill! It was all from looking at Patsy's pictures of your table. I have news about the detector.

      Delete