Saturday, August 15, 2020

I'M MELTING ........

Remember the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz?  I definitely felt akin to her yesterday.  Yup ... I felt her pain.  To make it even more uncomfortable, the wind was blowing the air fryer to maximum effect. 

I spent a lot of time with my game camera and computer.  Setting them up is harder than it looks.  Trying to do something with the videos is even worse.  It downloaded them fine and I can watch them on my computer.  Getting them uploaded here is another story. 

It copied it from my computer to here just perfectly.  The problem is I can't seem to get it to play.  I'm posting this as a test.  I've already tried the Preview button, to no avail.  Maybe YOU can get it to work.  What you WOULD have seen (or will if it decides to be cooperative) is a javelina eating cactus and tromping through the back yard.

 
I would try it again, but I'm barely able to keep my eyes open.  The trains are running overtime.  There have been five pass by here in the last hour, along with one about every 90 minutes last night.  The wheels they are a rolling!!  If it does work, look to the left.  This guy was eating cactus with three sets of eyes watching him from behind.

With his cheeks full, he wandered off up the hill.


This picture is just because one day last week I stopped in at Micky D's for lunch.  I'm am not a fan, but I wanted to compare THEIR chicken sandwich to Popeyes.  Micky D's lost that war hands down.  HOWEVER, if you have not tried their pink lemonade slushy ... it's the bomb!!!  The fries are missing because I had an hour's drive to get home.

The project of this week should have been an easy one.  Replace the rock guard screen on my hitch.  The old one lasted nine years before disintegrating because it sat out in the sun.  It should be an easy replacement, right?  That would be a no.

For one, those big steel arms will only bend so far.  I got the screen on one side, but could not get the slots to reach far enough for the other end to slide into place.  My brain doesn't work all that well in the heat.  I finally had to remove one brace thingamajig.  

Finally, it was in place and all was well.  Except for that thingamajig had to be bolted back in place.  Try as I might with my bestest tools, I just didn't have the hand strength to hold the nut tight enough.    You know what happened ... Dan to the rescue. 

This is what it looks like when hooked up to my Jeep.  This little gem drove all the way to Alaska, then clear across the U.S. to Maine and back without one single broken windshield, headlight or ding on my Jeep.  The replacement screen was $200 ... worth every penny.

So YAY .... another repair job completed.  Now on to the outside lights that don't work and the porch light cleanout. 

In the meantime, I will try to figure out how to make that video work.  I finally installed my steel post near the tree to capture things up close.  It's a crappy job that will have to be repeated, but I didn't have my handy dandy steel post pounder.  If you haven't lived on a cattle ranch, it's the most useful tool out there.

Instead, I tried to use a rock, again got my hair completely tangled in that palo verde tree and ended up tying it with a piece of wire (also a popular "ranch" solution) until I can reset the post.  I'm pretty sure the hummingbirds will appreciate all that hair left in the tree that they can use for their nests.

 

 

30 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yay!!! I couldn't get it to work. I glad it did it's thing.

      Delete
  2. Video works for me
    Saw another pair of eyes in the background

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the second video there were actually three more pairs of eyes!

      Delete
  3. Your video worked just fine. Even though they were moving around it looks like more then four sets of eyes in the background.
    I have a Thirty-Five Pound Post Driver. It could drive 2" X 2" Stakes with no problem as well as putting T Posts through hidden cement slabs under the surface.
    Good job on the Hitch Screen.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it ... a post driver. I have two at the other house. I'll definitely bring one here.
      That screen was a toughy, but persistence pays off.

      Delete
  4. video works just fine. Lots of eyes in the background moving around. I would put one of those cameras up, but I don't think I want to know for SURE what is moving around out there in the night. Ignorance is bliss in my case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather fun, since sometimes you even catch human critters!!

      Delete
  5. Video was a success! The heat out there is making the news. Not good. Take it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty crazy ... now extended another 5 days. My power bill is atrocious!!

      Delete
  6. Video worked great! I keep cool by putting my feet in a little plastic dish pan ( used just for my feet) full of ice cold water while I’m reading or watching tv.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Video works here.
    Thank you for all the hard work on the BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Norm, I really enjoy the blog ... it's a way of keeping in touch with people.

      Delete
  8. We all saw the video so you did great! Can't believe he is eating cactus. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have u tried Wendy’s and Whataburger Or chick a fil
    My first choice is 1 Wendy’s... but I wish Whataburger is only up in Jacksonville

    At Whataburger If u try the Burger try this
    Pico de Gallo Burger
    What's On It: Large Bun (5"), Large Beef Patty (5") (2), Pepper Jack Cheese (2 slices), Pico de Gallo (1), Creamy Cilantro Lime (Regular)
    Bring Your appetite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa .. sounds delicious Ed. I haven't tried Whataburger than I can remember. I'll look one up.

      Delete
  10. Video is awesome! Poor little guys behind, didn't get to eat. Love the hitch screen well worth the $$ and for the years! I love the...I had an hours drive home :) Haven't been to Mc Donalds in years but I do know their fries we're excellent! Now I'm hungry since I see what Mr Ed posted..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup that burger sounds delicious!! The guys behind were just after the water. It's sure exciting to see what the video holds every day!

      Delete
  11. Video worked fine. I found that if I load it to YouTube first, then there is a share for blogger which will give you the html code to copy and paste.

    What does a Javelina taste like? Probably a lot like a Big Mac (which I NEVER EVER liked).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had Javelina, but I have had wild boar from California. Don't laugh, but it tastes just like pork, but with a little gamey flavor added in. It's all about what they eat.

      Delete
  12. Ditto everyone else.....the video worked. MCD has never had good chicken sandwiches. But when we were in Tucson the MCD by the laundromat had really good chicken strips and sweet and sour sauce. I liked that. In West Sacramento we have 4 MCD's and we just drive by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy the video played. MCD used to have a good chicken wrap. Don't know if it's still on the menu.

      Delete
  13. Enjoying the photos and video. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I've ever made it 2 miles before the fries were gone....traffic or no traffic. Congratulations on the succesful video post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judith I had those fries gone in three miles! I do love them SO much!

      Delete
  15. I think I've NEVER made it 2 miles. Typo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought of the witch immediately when I saw your title. Very cool that you have javelina in your area although they can be very destructive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite movies!!! The little javelinas come around about once a month. Glad it's not more often, they like to tear up my water system.

      Delete