Monday, July 13, 2020

Lightning Strikes In More Ways Than One!!

I was sitting on my couch minding my own business, trying to sew binding on a quilt, when I noticed just how yellow it was outside.  That's weird!  Then I saw this ... one of my wind chimes at a drastic angle.  Uh oh .... something's up!!

Suddenly over my phone came warning after warning.  Lightning strikes NEAR YOU!!  That's when I couldn't stand it a second longer and grabbed my tripod from the rig.
It was rather different, this storm.  Instead of the lightning hitting the ground, it mostly went across the sky in herky-jerky movements like little fingers searching for something just out of reach.  It was really weird to watch.
It would start at one side and work it's way clear across the sky.  Another unusual thing, all the purple color.  That's possibly because of the huge dust storm that preceded the lightning.
And then the rains came.  Not monsoon type rains, but enough to get everything wet, including me and my camera.  We moved way back under the patio until it stopped, then I was back out on the lawn, or rather crispy brown dry grass.
Isn't this just crazy?  My heart was beating fast ... I just LOVE capturing this creation of nature.  It was interesting to see the storm passing to the left, but all the lightning strikes went to the right.
With the winds pushing it along, it didn't last long enough.  It did cool everything down about 30 degrees, but in no time, we were back up to air fryer temperatures.
Yesterday, just because it could, lightning struck again, or possibly it was the Voodoo Doll sticking me one last time.  The power went out and my AC would not turn back on!  I'll fill you in tomorrow morning after I've spent an hour in the dark trying to capture the Neowise Comet in the northern sky.  Look Northeast at about 4:30 am.  




12 comments:

  1. What an incredible storm and you certainly captured incredible pictures!! I love storms like that! Hoping you got your a/c back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to love Arizona thunderstorms!!

      Delete
    2. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Emmanuel  a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2), i had suffered from this diseases for the past 5 years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Emmanuel sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr Emmanuel who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Emmanuel because I got to know him through elizabeth who he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silent and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Emmanuel through his email traditionalherbalhealingcentre@gmail.com You can also whatsapp/call him on:+2348140033827 .He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received. 

      Delete
  2. Those are some great shots! Hope everything turns out well with your AC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are called Electrical Storms and are quite common in Florida. Great pictures of nature though you should try to stay under the cover of your patio roof.
    Hope your AC problem is resolved rather quickly.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty amazing. We have nothing like this in California.

      Delete
  4. Nice pics (again) and I am hoping it was just a breaker with the AC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cool! Dave didn't share my excitement; he just said, "Yeah, those are cloud to cloud strikes." So?! They're still cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that before. Much more impressive in person!!

      Delete
  6. Good news this is to everyone out there with different health challenges, as I know there are still a lot of people suffering from different health issues and are therefore looking for solutions. I bring you Good news. There is a man called Dr Emmanuel  a herbal practitioner who helped cure me from HSV (2), i had suffered from this diseases for the past 5 years and i have spent so much money trying to survive from it. I got my healing by taking the herbal medicine Dr Emmanuel sent to me to drink for about 14 days . 3 days after completion of the dosage, I went for a medical checkup and I was tested free from HSV. all thanks to God for leading me to Dr Emmanuel who was able to cure me completely from this deadly diseases, I’m sharing this so that other people can know of this great healer called Dr Emmanuel because I got to know him through elizabeth who he cured from HIV. I was made to understand that he can cure several other deadly diseases and infections. Don’t die in ignorance or silent and don’t let that illness take your life. Contact Dr Emmanuel through his email traditionalherbalhealingcentre@gmail.com You can also whatsapp/call him on:+2348140033827 .He cure all forms of disease {1}HIV/AIDS {2}DIABETES {3}EPILEPSY {4} BLOOD CANCER {5} HPV {6} BRAIN TUMOR {7} HEPATITIS {8}COPD{9} SICKLE AND ANAEMIA.etc Be kind enough to share as you received. 

    ReplyDelete