Tuesday, July 28, 2020

I'm LATE!!!!

I'm a planner.  If I have some place to go, I start getting ready the day before because I just CANNOT be late.  I wish I didn't care because it keeps me up at night.  THIS time however, I slept like a rock because I got my days mixed up.  Somehow Sunday and Monday just disappeared.  TODAY, and I'm not even a little bit ready, I take the rig in to get the dash air fixed.

I'm feeling rather bad because I'm being a traitor and going to Lazy Days instead of La Mesa.  It's not my choice ... they are the only ones who said they would fix it.

That means this will be a quicky ... a shortened version of what I had thought to write.  First off, I got Speedway mixed up with Broadway.  Speedway has my favorite Quilt Shop, so it's an easy mistake for me.  The Toro Loco taco shop is on Broadway and Pantano!!
I had only three things on my list.  Dog food ..... got it ..... a small pot to boil eggs in and tacos.  It's hard to shop when you leave your phone at home and can't find stores with kitchen supplies.  Nor can you take photos of the second set of tacos you purchased after waiting in the parking lot for 30 minutes.

They open at 11:00 in case you go there.  Upon arrival back home, the first thing I did was grab my camera!!  THIS is the grilled chicken corn taco.  It's about five inches across, small by most taco standards.  It's grilled chicken, grilled sweet corn, BACON and a spicy sauce to die for.  Just a little bit of heat.  You just have to try it.
Just to balance out the day, I picked up one carne asada and one barbacoa, each with different sauces. These will be lunch and dinner today!!
Besides the dog food, I grabbed one little package of Cooper's yellow Kong squeaky balls.  I couldn't figure out what he was barking about.  In no time, my purse was on the floor.
Surprise Cooper ... I snuck them out and into the bread box when he wasn't looking.  He was having none of it.  He was absolutely SURE there was a ball in my purse.  He literally dug everything out on the floor, then looked at me like WHERE DID YOU PUT THEM!!!
It was 105 in Tucson when I left and 101 when I arrived home.  Lucky for us, a small storm came through and cooled things off a tad.  We LOVE it when THAT happens.

So I'm off to get organized, cleaned up and close up the rig, getting ready to take off.  Of course I have to hook up the Jeep too because apparently it's an all day affair.  Wish me luck!!





16 comments:

  1. We are the same way. We like to be ready ahead of time.
    The Tacos look appetizing.
    It's cute the way Cooper went digging through your purse.
    When they say all day it could be that plus. Wise to take the Jeep.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far so good. Lazydays has provided great service.

      Delete
  2. The tacos look tasty and delicious! Your lizards yesterday UHHHH..better than a snake though! Cooper is adorable! Glad you've got the jeep with you today, good luck with the a/c!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely better than a snake!! I hope to never have an encounter with snakes again!!

      Delete
  3. Mmmm, now those are great looking tacos! I see this is the newest venture from Tucson's Serial Griller guys. Can they hit anything but home runs?

    Reminds me of a local chain here in TX selling gussied up tacos with chef-designed flavor profiles, except ours (Torchy's) doesn't have the San Diego-style burros with french fries that TL does.

    You may be lucky Toro Loco is a bit longer trip for you to get to, though. There's a Torchy's Tacos only a couple of miles from my house & it has served as comfort food central for me during this pandemic. It's been much too easy to stuff my face now that we order by app & they bring it out to us.

    [But I've already figured out that when I get too fat to fit behind my steering wheel I can still order online & waddle down the pedestrian path to pick em up, so there's that.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Leilani!! Waddle ... yeah that's me right now!! Yes they are part of Serial Grillers. I don't know who their chef is, but he's VERY good!!

      Delete
  4. My thinking is that you 'might' get the motorhome back tomorrow...if you are lucky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to start carrying a shamrock around, just to help the cause.

      Delete
  5. So, this taco joint is on Broadway and Pantano.....I shop at the Sprouts on the corner and a wonderful bakery is next door....a bakery to die for. So where is Toro Loco? There is an IHOP across the street on one of the corners. Your 'ugly steak' deli is a few doors from IHOP. Let me know the Toro Loco location & when we get back to Tucson for a doctor's appointment, we will check out the joint. Thanks. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Pantano. Auto correct got me again. It is next to the gas station on the Northeast corner, diagonal to Sprouts. I've seen that bakery, but have not stopped in .... YET!!

      Delete
  6. Tacos are nice If you're looking for an appetizer or if you're on a diet
    10 oz tenderloin fat loaded baked potato with extra sour cream Oh yeah and a Coors light .. if you want to go Mexican you substitute that for guacamole and corona
    By the way if you have a BJ's Sam's or Costco card you can get tenderloin usually a package of three Individually sealed just the right size for one
    Unless you're like me and ate two at once
    Instead of putting the coach back undercover why not put a Jacuzzi back there
    Bottle of wine skinny dip in the Jacuzzi
    Say I wonder what kind of wine goes good with skinny dipping 🙈🙉🙊🙀👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh believe me I have thought of a swimming pool MANY times. There actually was a hot tub on my back patio. I could get another one, but it would have to share electricity with the rig.

      Delete
  7. We hate to be late too and honestly could probably count the number of times we've not been the first someplace on 3 fingers, maybe 2. It's pathetic but Bill will lose sleep over it.
    Those are some hot temperatures!
    Okay, Cooper just makes me laugh. I remember Clemmy doing the same thing, opening his Christmas presents or searching under the chairs for something of his.
    I have to ask why oh why are you using a pot to boil eggs? Large or small batches are way too easy in the IP. :)
    Take care and good luck with the rig!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only boil 3-4 eggs at a time. Don't laugh, but my finicky dogs won't eat anything that's been in the fridge more than 4 days. I kind of have to agree ... I don't like anything older than that either! LOL

    ReplyDelete