Tuesday, February 4, 2020

The Kitty Rule

Now that the Super Bowl is over, the cold weather has landed smack in our laps.  It's down to 31 this morning.  I spent an hour scouring the house looking for blankets and sheets I could wrap up my new cactus with.  It's not the temperatures but the icy frost that does the damage.

In the meantime, here's one of the Chance kitties.  The KITTY RULE comes into effect the instant the kitty lands on your lap.  Meet Miss Snoopy, the sweetest little kitty ever if she allows you to see her.  She doesn't like men much and remains under the bed when strangers come about.  Lucky for me, she likes her Auntie Nancy.
What is the Kitty Rule?  If a kitty lands on your lap, you are not allowed to move.  Whoever else is in the house must wait on you hand and foot so as not to disturb the purring.  I prepared myself to sleep in the recliner at the Chance residence.  This was my view!
She did finally move so I was allowed to get up.  My puppies were none too happy to smell KITTY on my person.  By the way, the PUPPY RULE is always in affect in my house, meaning I'm just not allowed to get up at all.

Our quilting group met yesterday to work on projects we had going.  I finished up the border on this quilt and measured out the backing.  I even picked up another quilt pattern to help make a charity quilt.  Any extra fabric we have goes into quilt making for anyone in need, including foster kids, Veterans and cancer patients.  
This border fabric finally came in the mail, so I finished up this one too.  It's ready to go to a quilter.  Why don't "I" quilt them?  Because it's WAY too tedious and time consuming unless you have your own $20,000 long arm.  I'm pretty sure I'm not going there unless I win the lottery, which I don't play!!
It was a beautiful end to a nice day of friendship.  Those ladies are the best!!
I did make that beef recipe, but was too busy to take pictures.  I'll post the recipe next time I make it, which will be soon because it was delicious!!  In the meantime I'll be uncovering the cactus and covering it up again tonight for the even colder weather to come.  Hopefully this is Mother Nature's last hurrah and we can get back to WARM Arizona!!







12 comments:

  1. I am not a cat person, but that is one beautiful kitty!! A gorgeous sunset! Beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love both the Cats and Dogs but didn't think it was proper for them while we were traveling.
    Nice Quilts.
    Karen Pfundtner is also into all kinds of Fiber Creations some of which she sells Online. On her Blog they talk about Home Renovations, Quilting and RVing. Her husband Steve set up a system that duplicates a Long Arm at a cheaper price.
    You can check it out at http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/.
    There's another Quilter out there that I'll try to find for you.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Puppy Rule.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting .. I'll check out their site.

      Delete
  3. Really like the first quilt. Very interesting design for the eyes to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes you stop and look around, right? I do like the sampler quilts, but they are a little harder to sew.

      Delete
  4. We have had cats. They just pretty much rule and if they feel like they need you for a lap or a quick belly rub you should just be available...lol Our dog on the other hand just loved us for no reason...:)
    Your quilts are beautiful, sounds like a fun time getting together to work on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Deb that's funny. Yes, cats can be aloof!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful quilts..... beautiful kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty kitty but we are dog people. :)
    Pretty quilts, I like the green one best.
    I'm glad you enjoy the time with the ladies. I'm sure they say the same about you!

    ReplyDelete