Tuesday, February 18, 2020

I'm Sequestered In The Garage

I arose to the sound of clanking, screeching and lumbering railroad cars passing by, followed quickly by the long LOUD wail of the whistles.  By 3:30 am, the trains are hitting the tracks heading West.  I can lay there all day, but I will never go back to sleep.

With every breath I take, the puppies scooch in a little closer until they are nose to my nose.  That's when I get up!  The first order of the day was to finish taking out the rock in the back, all the while thinking I could probably save a HUGE amount of money if I did these pavers myself.  Instantly the sore muscles said OH HECK NO!!

While waiting for the plumber to arrive, I sequestered myself in the garage for an epic painting session.  Someone said "why do you need texture?  It's just a garage!"  I decided they were right and I would just paint it.

Painting and I don't get along very well.  My arms are never long enough.  Lucky for me however, there is a break in the action because my rig needs to go to the hospital.  Two of four jacks (on opposite corners of course) are not holding me level.  Add to that a leaky bedroom seal and this will be a pricey repair.  Hey, it's only money!!!
The plumber showed up on time (YAY!) with a completely different idea of what I wanted than what I told the office girl.  He thought I wanted to REPLACE the hot water heater.  Nope ... just need a pan underneath in case it leaks.  

Well how about this $2300 electronic leak detection system instead?  Nope ... just need a pan underneath in case it leaks.  In the end, I had an estimate of $268 to change one lousy bathroom faucet and only $160 for the pan.  I'm sure you know which one I chose.  I'll brush up on my faucet installation skills in a day or so.  For now, I actually have to call back to make an appointment to get the pan replaced.

About the time he left, I was hit with a nice surprise.  The King of the Magic Kingdom came to Tucson to visit relatives, and called to see if I wanted to go out to dinner with him and his lovely Queen.  I jumped at the chance.  Guess where we went!!

Yup .... Divine Bovine ... although I will tell you, this is probably the last time I will EVER go there.  I had no idea this burger and sweet potato fries came to a breathtaking $18.57.  YIKES!!!  I almost passed out!!
And so I'm off to the repair shop, leaving you with another gorgeous sunSET this time.  I'm taking this picture with me so as to remain calm when I hear what the repair bill will be.  
If you don't hear from me, it's because I had a heart attack when I heard the price, died and went to HEAVEN!!!  I'm hoping I'll still be here tomorrow to tell you what happened.







16 comments:

  1. Whoa! That is a costly day! Good idea to forgo a few things. The burger meal, holey cow! Hope you enjoyed it! haha
    Good luck with the repairs on the coach, a lot of us are getting hit this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think motorhomes have more in common with boats. A big hole you pour money in to! LO

      Delete
  2. Everything costs money and with each passing day it's more.
    Be wise and bring the Jeep and Enjoy the sticker shock.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a true statement. Truly I'll be happy to have everything fixed.

      Delete
  3. That is a pricey burger but it does look really, really good.
    Good luck with the motorhome repairs, hope to hear from you tomorrow.
    Great sunset picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that burger looks yummy but the price would keep us away from there for sure! The garage will look great when finished. Hoping your motor home doesn't cost too too much. Gorgeous sunset!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a crazy burger ... best one I've ever eaten, so I guess it was worth the price.

      Delete
  5. Wow. Lots going on in your life. I would be so confused. I really hope to see your blog tommorow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elva, you have no idea! SO much stuff to get fixed!!

      Delete
  6. I went for groceries the other day and thought how can a family afford to eat today? Seems things sure are getting expensive. Heres hoping to read more of your blogs. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I ever get out of the grocery store for under $100 and there's only one of me.

      Delete
  7. I'm thinking you and I are cut from the same cloth or is it quilt. I'm in Yuma fighting to just live in my MH and there you are in Tucson doing the same. The "It's only money!" can get expensive. Luckily, I've been dodging the money bullet, but for how long. I don't think I'd pay $160 for a pan unless of course it were a bed pan. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we are Doug ... it will get better, I'm sure. It's just the frustration in the meantime!

      Delete
  8. It's only money until we have to open our wallets and pull it out. Then it's blood. Haha. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete