Sunday, February 9, 2020

Danger Will Robinson!!

There's a wide range of stuff going on here at Lost Horse Ranch.  I've just added toilet bowl seal repair in the rig to my list of fix-it items.  It's not holding water like it should.  The list is long for minor things, but you know they will charge at least an hour for each item.

Here's an example.  On the dash is a drawer your passenger can pull out to hold a computer while cruising down the highway.  It has decided it doesn't like to be closed, except when I come to a stop and it slams shut.  Too bad it doesn't want to STAY there.  I imagine it's just an adjustment issue, but I can't figure out HOW.

Here's one that is NOT my problem, nor would I ever let it be.  This too small rig is pulling a huge heavy trailer with a car and several bicycles attached.  They may not know it, but that trailer is swerving all over the road.  Danger Will Robinson!!!  Luckily I snuck by as far to the left as I could go.
Talk about DANGER, here's one in a small package that's even scarier.  He took my offramp at 20 mph, stopping 100 feet before the stop sign.  He pulled up a tad and stopped again, THREE times.  Thankfully, no one was coming as he inched out into the roadway, turning left and continued at 10 mph across the freeway to the ON RAMP!!!  DANGER Will Robinson!!  He's going back ON the freeway!!!  You can see there is no one coming .... he stopped anyway, just to be sure!!
I suppose I'm a product of the ranch ... we were driving our old World War II Jeep at 5 and 6 years old because the water needed to be changed or the cattle needed to be checked.  Dad screwed a piece of 2x4 on to the pedals so we could reach them.  By the time we got our drivers license at 15, we had been driving 9-10 years!!!  The good news is the car is highly visible so you will see him coming!

With the weather warming up to a fabulous 70 degrees with sunshine, I hiked the perimeter of the ranch looking for critters to photograph.  I found not a single breathing thing.  Someone has cut the wires on the fence leading to the train tracks, but I see no evidence of vehicles.  Only javelina tracks.  

I did find these interesting specimens.  At first I thought they were petrified wood, but there are smaller rocks melted to the back.  Anyone have any ideas?  Lava maybe??  There's not a lot, and it's mostly by the tracks.  
One quick trip yesterday to Hobby Lobby scored 4 yards of fabric for $17.  I have to say that store is HUGE and has so much neat stuff it's hard to walk the aisles.  DANGER Will Robinson!!  I could fill up three baskets full of stuff for the house!!  I got sidetracked several times before finding the fabric I needed for that charity quilt.  

Fabric runs around $10-12 a yard.  I paid $4 ... yup four dollars a yard.  I was a happy camper and resolved to go there more often, but only if I'm wearing blinders.

Here's my thought for the day, right up my alley.  I'm cooking lunch for the girls tomorrow, the Barbacoa Beef I've made twice with great results.  I chickened out on the rice and bought some pre-cooked heat-it-up kind ... it's an experiment!!
I'm also making a no-bake key lime pie for dessert.  Keep your fingers crossed for me!  I need all the help I can get!







14 comments:

  1. The problem with the weaving trailer is not that it's overloaded but most of the weight is hanging behind the wheels on the trailer to keep the RV balanced. Don't kid yourself that driver is holding on for dear life.
    Most of the new drivers today have to get used to the feel of the car. I learned on the Farm Tractors then Shuttling Semis around the yard long before getting my License.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see ... hopefully he doesn't wreck before he gets where he's going!

      Delete
  2. The things you see on roads! Great find on the fabric! Yeah, Hobby Lobby is just too much fun and $$$. Jo Ann's is another place I can always find a good buy. Lunch sounds like it's going to be awesome! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to make a special trip to Tucson for some of that key lime pie. :)). You need to find a handyman to fix the little things in your motorhome. Much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for me, one of my Facebook friends just gave me a phone number for an RV repair guy in this area. Hopefully he will be good and cheaper! And maybe even SINGLE! LOL

      Delete
  4. Did I read somewhere that you put bleach in the toilet. that might be your problem. you don't put it in there.
    bleach will eat all the rubber seals
    As for the sliding tray. A hammer and a 10penny nail will fix anything
    You could always have Miss Terry stick around for a few more days
    Or I think you need to join Angie's list for a handyman around the house

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a couple tablespoons of bleach in the house toilets when I leave. I do not in the rig, and that's the one that's not holding water. Hahaha I'm sure a nail would work ... that's my kind of solution. I actually did find THREE possibilities on Home Advisor. YAY!!

      Delete
  5. We also squeeze far to the left and get the heck past those weaving trailers!
    You stole that fabric! Good job!
    Your meal will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty proud of the fabric deal. All you need is an internet coupon for 50% off!

      Delete
  6. Go to NAPA auto supply and buy a tube of silicone. Clean the toilet thoroughly, including using the abrasive flat stick that's like a rough tongue depressor. You've probably got hard water deposits on the ball that are interfering with the seal. After all the cleaning, put a little dab of silicon on the back of the ball. It was a constant effort to get the toilet to hold water in the SW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Allison .... thank you! I will try that before I take it to LaMesa. It sure sounds like you might be right!!

      Delete
  7. You're probably already a member of this group, but there's a recent email about 2020 activities:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/UPSteamClub/
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John ... yes I'm proud to say I am a member, but don't remember seeing an email. Thank you for the heads up! I'll take a look.

      Delete