Sunday, February 23, 2020

I'm Still Alive And Kicking

In spite of my tendency to go bury my head in the sand ..... in California ..... I was able to recover my composure yesterday with the help of all those virtual hugs and some big snuggles from Cooper.  He always makes me smile.
I was pretty trashed from no sleep, worrying about the bed in the rig floating away, so at 7:30 I made a beeline for LaMesa RV.  I drove right over to the rig, almost running over some guy.  Turns out it was Carlos! 

I thanked him again for plugging the rig in and rushed inside to check for dampness on the floor.  WHEW!!!  Just a drop or two instead of the flood I was prepared to sop up.  The rig is parked with the back end slightly uphill, so all the water ran downhill instead of inside.  I was one happy camper as I placed a couple of pans to catch anything else.
With predicted rains all day long, Dan and his granddaughter Laila went to the fairgrounds to see what the vendors had for sale.  Amazingly, the rains seemed to go right around the arena and the rodeo went off without a hitch.  
Here's a couple of my pictures from the last one I attended.  Yes, there's a cowboy under that bull's butt!!
It's a dangerous sport.  This guy got up after being kicked in the back ... but only with a little help.
I finally decided to get up off my sorry backside and get to work.  Not bad, eh?  I would have done more, but I ran out of paint.  This sheetrock is sucking it up in spite of the primer already in the paint.  It does look nice, just don't get too close.  I never said I was a great painter!!
As I moved some stuff out of the way, this guy scurried across the floor.  He didn't get far.  A little later I killed another.  I think that brings our total to eleven.  I did some investigating and there are products on the market that will kill scorpions in spite of what my pest control guy says.  I'm buying some.
Now out of paint, I started putting the shelves together.  One anyway, until I realized I needed to paint the ceiling first.  The fewer the obstacles, the better.
Today has another distraction from the rotting wood ... it's POKER SUNDAY!!  No use sitting around crying over spilled milk when I can lose even MORE money.  I'm a terrible poker player, but it's fun to meet up with the neighbors for dinner.  We play all night on $5.00, so I should be okay.

I'm taking Italian pasta salad, which requires a trip to the grocery store.  I'm pretty sure a gallon of Tillamook ice cream will sneak into my cart.  What better way to drown your sorrows!!!






12 comments:

  1. Glad to read your worries for the RV weren't as bad as you originally thought.
    When they replace the Stoop make certain that it is Creosote coated so it will last forever. It's used at the bases of Hydro Poles and on Railroad Ties to stop them from rotting due to exposure to the elements.
    Be Safe around he Scorpions and Enjoy your Ice Cream.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for me I covered the entire front of the house with a patio cover, so the elements shouldn't be much of a problem. It's just getting it fixed that's going to be difficult.

      Delete
  2. I've not seen any scorpions and hope I don't. That guy looks big and mean. Your garage is looking nice. Proud of you for doing it yourself. Hope you won millions at poker to pay for everything. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Doug .... I'm not a very good poker player!!!

      Delete
  3. The garage is looking good but the scorpion.....not so much. Hope you won big at poker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. Still more to go on the garage, but it's getting there.

      Delete
  4. When we lived in Tucson we purchased some pesticide that killed scorpions from Do It Yourself pest control. It worked for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!!! I'm calling them up for sure!!! Thank you for the tip!

      Delete
  5. We live in Green Valley so we're almost neighbors.
    We also bought insecticide from Do It Yourself. It's called Talstar P and you apply it with a sprayer. The stuff works great. You only need to apply outside about every 3 months. It was recommended to us by a woman who asked her pest control guy what he used. Once it's dry, it's safe for your pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Judy .... I can't thank you enough for the info. I'll contact them right away!! I do love Green Valley! We'll have to meet up some time!!

      Delete
  6. The garage looks great! I'm sure it is just fine close up too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Las Vegas and had a terrible problem with scorpions the first yr I lived here, as in 10 a week. The first pest control company helped a bit but the current company has it totally under control. My neighbors swear by Cy Kick which they buy on Amazon .... if I wasn't afraid of mixing and using chemicals myself, I'd give it a try.
    I'm moving to Green Valley this summer. Maybe I'll tuck in my big girl blouse and give it a try then.

    ReplyDelete