Thursday, February 13, 2020

A Fish Out Of Water

Thank you everyone for your kind words about my RV Cover experience.  I had almost given up on the idea completely, but Mr. Chance thinks there may be another company willing to help me out.  The only problem is whether to anchor it with steel pins or pour an outside edge foundation. SO many obstacles to building anything!!  The anchors may not be allowed since half of the pad is fill dirt and not native soil.  I may forget the whole thing just to keep my sanity!!

In an effort to take my attention elsewhere, I had a fleeting thought of cleaning the tiles in the rig, which vanished immediately upon opening the door!!  I spotted my FISH!  For those that don't know, I have a small fortune in stunt kites that I flew while roaming the ocean shores of Oregon and Washington.

Along with that came this cute guy that hasn't seen the light of day in three years.  You may have seen some of these if you've ever come upon a kite festival.  They have hundreds of these small stationary kites flying everywhere.  I figured I might as well let him loose in my back yard, pretty much a fish out of water.  It should be interesting when a Vail gale comes along.
The laugh of the day came when Cooper spotted it outside the window.  He started barking and growling like a banshee!  GET HIM Cooper as I let him out the door.  He made a beeline for the fish until it moved.  You should have seen him put on the brakes, jump up and turn around with legs scrambling, all in one motion!!  What a great watch pup!
With a plumber coming to fix the hot water heater, I figured I might as well get my money's worth and have him install a new bathroom faucet.  I've done it before, but I was 30 years younger and my fingers were more nimble.  That meant a trip to BUY a faucet, followed by a VERY expensive trip to the doggie grocery store.  
Admittedly, one of those bags is parrot food, but I think their food bill exceeds mine.  $111 here.  YIKES!!!  I'm putting them on a diet and making this last longer.
Just when I thought of relaxing on the couch with a good murder mystery, Deadly Women, appropriate since that's what I felt like in dealing with that contractor, I spotted a fabulous water fountain in my back yard where there should NOT be one.  Something had taken a bite out of my drip irrigation line that feeds the water station.  I'm thinking javelinas.

So while at Ace Hardware, I tore myself away from watching the baby chicks (who are so darn cute ... yes, you can buy baby chickens at the Hardware store), I asked for help and found this new gizzy.  You cut out the bad spot, push the hose on to one and and screw the cap OVER the end to keep it tight.  Then do the same on the other end.  Pretty cool!!!  And I did THIS repair all by myself!!!  Take THAT javelinas!!
So today is a waiting game to see if Blue Ribbon Brick Pavers will arrive on time.  I have a feeling they don't do tile steps, but we shall see.  Maybe they can recommend someone.  Home Advisor didn't have a category for tiling steps.  In the meantime, I've had this fleeting thought of painting the inside of my sheetrock finished garage before I fill it up with junk I don't need!!




8 comments:

  1. Love your fish! But I love even more Cooper's reaction to it! haha I remember Clemson doing stuff like that. The other day when we were walking in the desert, Oreo spied a skinned piece of bark from a palm tree. It looked like an animal and she approached it with so much caution, that I had to laugh at her. The second time she was braver as she knew it didn't move. :)
    Good luck today with the paver dude. Nice fix on the leak. Javelinas have nothing on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's when the piece moves that they go bananas. Too funny, but I appreciate the "watchful" part of it!!

      Delete
  2. No one can say your kids don't eat well! Nice fix on the drip irrigation! I like the idea of painting your garage, easier now than later for sure. Good luck with the plumber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always something to fix up, but then I do like to keep busy!

      Delete
  3. Funny about Cooper and the Kite.
    Good luck with the Plumber and Javelinas.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the warmer weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a tad warmer. I think of you guys in the freezing cold every time I go outside.

      Delete
  4. Good luck with the plumber. Glad you got good advice at the hardware store with the easy fix leaky pipe problem. Good luck with the tile too. You're just going a mile a minute on fixing stuff. Takes me half a day to fix breakfast:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should take lessons from you Doug ... I really do need to slow down a little!!

      Delete