Saturday, February 15, 2020

I Have A Deal For You!!

Beware THOSE words!  Here's a quick update on the RV cover.  There won't be one in my future, at least not where I park the rig.  The rules say the anchor system must be in native soil, which is five to six feet below grade.  They don't make anchors that long.

I did receive an interesting phone call yesterday from a second salesman who works for Performance Steel.  He said he had a deal for me.  They would be more than happy to build my cover WITHOUT getting a building permit.  Little did he know I worked in the Building Division in California for over ten years.

I suppose if you intend to die on your property, you don't have to worry about it, but your family will inherit a mess and have to tear the building down.  Nope ..... not going there!!
There actually is another location, but it has it's downside too.  Hey .... who needs an RV cover anyway?

So Miss Patty and I headed off for some major fabric shopping.  We have a deal.  She takes me to our favorite quilt store on her birthday for their half-your-age discount which I can never receive since I can't be here on MY birthday.  In return I kitty-sit while they are away.  I'm pretty sure I'm on the winning side of that deal!!

Here's the result this time.  Not the beautiful colorful fabric I'm used to, but rather an elegant MANLY choice.
This is what it will turn in to when two more pieces come in the mail.  Isn't the internet just wonderful?  Our shop was short two of the colors.  Substitutes just didn't work well enough, so I ordered them on-line.
I have to say, it's probably fate that the RV cover won't be happening any time soon, because the paving stones I want cost an arm, a leg, my dogs and probably half my house!!  Good grief this stuff is expensive!  

In this case however, it's necessary to save myself from a lawsuit when someone trips on my front entrance walkway and breaks their nose.  Not only will they do the front 75 feet, but will replace all the tiles on both the front and back steps, as well as create a small patio area in the back.  Same problem there where I stepped on a piece of slate that broke, almost breaking MY neck.  
Still to come, the plumber on Monday and I'm taking the rig in for repairs on Tuesday.  By Wednesday, I'll be stone cold broke!!!  Hey ... what's money for anyway, if not to spend.  

I took a quick look at my finances and discovered my expenses, things like RV insurance, house insurance, car insurance, DMV, property tax, etc. have risen 2-1/2 times what they were when I retired in 2011.  Makes you stop and think, right????  I think I need to go on a money diet!







18 comments:

  1. I agree with the diet idea! Why did I get rid of a perfectly good motorhome just to spend more money. Never learn. Maybe, I'll take up something cheap like quilting! :)) Good luck with all you projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But Doug .... you really needed more room for Yuma. Besides that, now you have something to keep you occupied!! It's a win-win!

      Delete
  2. Maybe next time when the sheik of Acabar kicks the bucket An Sir Raleigh Tells you he has $55 million waiting to expediently send to you your portion for a miserable 5% percent kickback you'll take him up on that offer
    After all maybe you could use $3.50 somewhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm taking him up on that deal the very next time they contact me! HAHAHAHA

      Delete
  3. You're right, who needs an rv cover anyway?? Wise idea to stay away from 'Bob Barker'!
    Manly colours, eh? I love the end result - a different choice for you.
    The paving stones will be a blessing and safe regardless of cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the entryway and patio area will raise the value too!!!

      Delete
  4. 💵 💵 Here I'll send you two bucks to start your go fund me bricklaying scheme. 👍 Oh heck make it three I know it's for a worthy cause 💵

    ReplyDelete
  5. During my career the furnace operators needed longer Chisels. As the Welder it was my job to make Twenty Foot Chisels that held up to the abuse of the Jack-Hammers.
    When Bridges or Skyscrapers are built they need to set on Bedrock. Supports are driven into the ground until they reach that point which is sometimes a couple of Hundred Feet. Since the Supports can't be delivered in one piece they have to be welded together on the spot.
    If the company doesn't have long enough Anchors they can make them and if they can't they shouldn't be in business.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Quilts.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that! I'm actually checking with a different company now.

      Delete
  6. Cost have risen 2 1/2 times????? Oh, you must be living in California! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dave ... you are SO funny! Hard to believe myself when I took a close look. Pretty ridiculous, right??

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday to Miss Patty. The pavers looked beautiful and safe. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Patty will appreciate your birthday wishes. I hope the pavers will look good.

      Delete
  8. I must have a lot of testosterone because I LIKE browns and creams. That with some sage is the decorating scheme at our place. Even way back in elementary school my favorite color was burnt sienna. I also like your pavers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same Linda. Although I like the bright colors, you will find mostly neutrals in my house. I equated it to the dirt I grew up in! LOL

      Delete
  9. That's the same cover we had in Winnemucca, it was already there when we bought the property and it was on a cement pour. Loved it! I know it was really expensive! Happy Birthday Patty! Nice you get her discount! Love the quilting material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers are nice to be sure, especially here with the heat. We shall see what happens.

      Delete