Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Feels Like Twenty Four!

That's not my age I feel like, that's the temperature outside.  It feels like 24 degrees because it IS 24 degrees.  What the heck happened to lovely warm Arizona??
To make it even MORE fun, we are going to the lovely town of Tubac very early to get a parking spot at the Art Festival.  Guess what!  IT IS TWENTY DEGREES IN TUBAC!  At least if there was some of the beautiful white stuff called snow, it would be pretty.  This will be me when I get out of the Jeep!!
I'm wearing two pairs of socks, two shirts and my heavy jacket.  The good news is we can stay in the car until it warms up a tad.  By 10:00 it should be in the 40's.  Woohoo!!!

I spent most of the day setting up for my next quilt and figuring out a pattern for a charity quilt I volunteered to make.   I'm winging it with this one by just copying one I saw.  We shall see how it goes.

The best part, neighbor Shirley called to see if I wanted to test out her long arm to see if I really wanted to purchase one.  I was on it like a frog on a june bug.  There is no computer screen with a million patterns like this one, just you and the machine.  You can either think as fast as Superman and create your own pattern, or you can follow a pentagraph, basically a picture laid down in the back.
Since my mathematical brain locks up tight when I try to do free motion things, I followed the pentagraph she had laid out.  There's a laser light on the back, you just make it follow the lines.  It was pretty cool.  I did two rows of quilting that came out fairly well.  

Being the math person I am and having grown up pretty poor, I worked the numbers.  If I made ten quilts a year that I quilted myself, assuming I lived at least six more years, I would have it paid for.  I'm not sure I even KNOW 60 people to give the quilts to!!!  I'll end up with rooms full to the brim .... but wouldn't it be fun?

I'm off on a very cold adventure South towards Mexico!!




18 comments:

  1. Brrrr! Our lowest temperature over the last few days has been 43F and that's overnight. Warming up here today to 61 so hope yours heats up as well. :)
    that is a very pretty quilt on the long arm! Have fun this morning and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know at least six people that you could give one of your beautiful quilts to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that Bill. Next time I come down to Arizona I will bring a couple!!

      Delete
  3. We've got the same temperatures here right now at 10:00 in the morning. White Stuff is on its way.
    Or you could sell your finished quilts just so you recover some of your costs.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Art Festival.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true ... I could sell them. Maybe I'll set up a booth in Tubac!!

      Delete
  4. We know what you mean about the cold. It was 5 degrees yesterday morning, warming to a balmy 30! Ken washed the Jayco and by the time he finished the concrete was frozen from the water! 17 this morning so we're in for a heat wave LOL. Your quilts are beautiful! If you want the machine, I say get it! :) Can't wait too see pics from the Art Festival!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. I think if it was that cold, I'd be inside by the fire!

      Delete
  5. That is deficits Nancy. Maybe you should just hibernate. If you're giving the quilts away to friends, I'll be your friend. I'll buy one if I'm not. :)) Must have at least a little OF green in it to match the White Lion's color. Good luck at the Art Festival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it Doug. I'll make one with plenty of green and catch up with you next winter ... or maybe this winter if I can sew fast enough.

      Delete
  6. I'm in Las Vegas ... just as cold AND very windy!
    Looking forward to the Tubac photos. I'm moving to Green Valley in a few months and Tubac is a place I'll visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Green Valley is VERY nice and you will love Tubac! Hopefully it warms up by then!!

      Delete
  7. Truly hope it warms up your way soon as we will be in Huachuca City by the 16th, though I know we will be up higher so I am guessing not real warm...:( Tubac is a cute little place with lots of those "shops" to take your money as I recall...LOL Enjoy!

    Your quilts are beautiful looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the Charity Quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup you'll be about a thousand feet higher than I, but hopefully by then we will be back in the warm groove.

      Delete
  8. You can always donate the quilts to charity. Sounds to me like you want that machine and you would really enjoy using it. You can't take your money with you, so you might as well enjoy yourself when you can, when you have your health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do donate or give away most of my quilts. I like spreading the warmth!! Just trying to convince myself to let go of the cash!

      Delete
  9. Nancy,
    You can put me on your list, too! I'd definitely buy another quilt with your signature!! Your quilts are so beautiful! We managed to get snowed on today between Bandera and Ozona, TX... You'd love the Antique Mall in Bandera... Western clothing, new and used, lovely boots, western décor and, of course, the antiques. We managed to find a few.((~; Big Hugs,
    Oh, and stay warm. Terry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering whereabouts you were. Snow? Please don't bring any with you! LOL Bandera sounds like a place I'd like to visit! Let me know what your quilt colors are, but you know I refuse to charge you this time!!! Have fun at that birthday party!!! Hugs to you both!

      Delete