Thursday, November 1, 2018

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Okay, I'm one day late.

I was up early again to head out to the Patch for clean up day.  Mostly we cleaned up the snack bar.  With everything boxed up, identified with contents and stashed in the container storage building, it was finally time to call an end to the Pumpkin Patch.

I was too tired to buy candy or set up anything at my house for trick or treating.  My plan was to go home and contemplate packing the RV.  That's when I got the text message.   "We're bringing Braden by tonight!!!!  He's so excited!!!"  That elicited this expression from me.
RATS!!  I loaded up a passel of pumpkins for the front porch and drug out my main man, the Butler.  Then I made a mad dash to the store for candy, along with ice cream to make the butter pecan ice cream dessert for thirteen people (RV Rally).

I came back in the house, rushed to the bathroom and almost didn't make it.  The MAN scared me half to death.  I thought someone was in the house.  It happens every time!!!  You would think I would learn, since he's been with me almost 15 years.
I whipped together the pie dessert and unloaded all the candy.  That's when I got the SECOND text message.  "So Braden is going to be with his Dad out of town tonight".  I hung my head in defeat.  I could have just sat on the couch and relaxed.  

Now I have all this candy, so I HAVE to open the door tonight instead of sleeping peacefully!!  Otherwise, I'll eat all of this candy and gain back the weight I lost.  BIG SIGH!!
I hauled some of it to the rig, only to discover it was filthy dirty.  I mean REALLY dirty.  I drug out the squeegee/window washer and gave it the once over, emptied and filled the water tank and gave it a quick wipe down inside.  It's going to bother me the whole trip, but I'm pretty good at ignoring things like that.

There were not as many kids as candy, but I got rid of quite a bit.  The parents lamented that I didn't dress up this year.  I was just too tired.  I think I finally reached my leg limit.  

This morning I'll pack up the essentials and hit the road.  At least it's the bare minimum so there's no big "haul" to carry out and pack.  Plus, I'll be sitting down the whole way!!!







8 comments:

  1. Wow woman you never stop, right from one event into another always busy having fun. Enjoy your travel time away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah... Its good to be busy and you should certainly win the award for it. I know what you mean about the left over treats. The number of kids seem to decrease over the years, I gather as the neighbourhood ages. But you always want to have enough so you don't disappoint. So this year I have 2/3rd of the total left over. At least I bought what I like and more than likely will not be what I like next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Peter! I always buy what I like, then freeze it for treats throughout the year.

      Delete
  3. Not sure where your rally is, but remember Blue Beacon Truck Wash (bluebeacon.com/locations) Depending upon how busy they are when you pull in, it can take up to 90 minutes, but normally we are in and out within 45 minutes, and they do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, wrong direction Dave. I headed south over Tehachapi. :-(

      Delete
  4. Enjoy being able to sit down...:)
    Safe travels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure going to try!! Although there are quite a few side trips at this rally!! It gives me something to look forward to ..... my COUCH!!

      Delete