Sunday, January 21, 2018

What Was That Flash!!

The weather in Arizona can change in a flash!  Actually this lightning image was from last year about this same time.  I love thunderstorms with lightning.  We never seem to get them much in the Central Valley in California.
From temperatures in the 40's to 70's with sunny days, things have changed overnight to severe freeze warnings.  Temperatures dropped so fast yesterday I thought for sure it was going to snow!!  Even though the weatherman said it was NOT going to rain (apparently they were not looking at the same doppler radar I was) water fell from the sky as a storm swept by.
I love it ... it makes my grass green.  The puppies hate it.  They don't appreciate getting their feet wet at all.  This is looking out my family room window.  The bunnies are the kind that don't eat or drink.  They sit on my window ledge grateful to be out of the rain.
For those that haven't seen the inside, I figured it would be a good time to show you, since I don't like getting MY feet wet either!  There will be no outside pictures today.  This is the family room, complete with wood burning fireplace.  

Lost Horse Ranch sits on almost two acres nestled next to the railroad tracks.  It's okay, I love trains and I'm far enough away I don't notice them much.  Of course there is always the Engineer that likes to announce his presence with blasting horn (personally I love the sound) and screeching rails when they travel a little too fast around the corner.
The dark blob you see in the above image is this Indian Chief.  I found him in an antique shop in Eureka California.  Little did I realize until I purchased him that he was a tad bit overweight.  I'm guessing he weighs close to 50 pounds.  Later on, I discovered another for sale on the internet for $975.  I paid a very small fraction of that!  He fits in perfectly with my Cowboy and Indian motif.
Here's the kitchen.  Although I'm not in love with the fabulous minty green countertops, they are in great shape and I'll not be changing them any time soon.  I WILL be painting that pantry door however.  I may even get a frosted glass door.  Always wanted one of those!!
The living room is huge, perfect for Jessie and Cooper to play race horse down the hallway, through the family room, kitchen and back to the start line.  It is a modular home on a permanent foundation with more than enough space for me ... about 2200 sq ft.  Included in the sale was the ratan/glass table (bottom right) and a poker table!  Just what I needed.  

I rather imagine this room will remain empty for quite some time.  After all, I don't want to take away from Cooper's race track.
My phone says it's a lovely 31 degrees this morning, so I imagine I'll be staying inside where it's toasty warm.  This afternoon however, is the local Poker Game ... a chance to meet my neighbors, make new friends and lose $5.00.  It's more about the food and friendship.  Since I don't play poker well at all, it should be an interesting night!!







16 comments:

  1. Your house looks very nice Nancy, hope you post pictures of the outside soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill. Once the temperature increases and I don't need a ski parka to go outside, I'll take some pictures and post them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You can get a lot for your money here in Arizona!!

      Delete
  3. Very nice house and I'm certain the puppies and Jonathon appreciate it.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do love it Rick ... they would much rather be here than in the earthquake home going down the highway! LOL

      Delete
  4. Love your house, looks like you have plenty of room at 2200 square feet. I have never had a home that big in all the 11 houses I have owned. Not that cold here in Quartzite you must be at a higher elevation there. Hope it warms up for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People think BIG here in Arizona. By comparison to California, it's rather small. I like small.

      Delete
  5. Nice presentation of your rooms in the house. Very windy in Benson on Saturday with afternoon rains and a drop of degrees...nice 60s all day until late afternoon with rains, wind and 40ish degrees. Oh well, the cooler days will passs, too, with warmer weather by mid-week. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn! I'm probably at a little higher elevation, thus the temperature difference. If it's in the 60's, I'm happy!!

      Delete
  6. I love it! Absolutely perfect for you, that is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave. It's just what I had been looking for. I'm very blessed!!

      Delete
  7. For those types of nights I tell myself $5 a night is pretty cheap entertainment. That way I don't mind losing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $5 is VERY cheap entertainment Linda. We had a blast and ate WAY too much!!

      Delete
  8. Did you know that you can get those counter tops sprayed with an epoxy, if you want to change the color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that Jan. Thank you for the tip. I'll check it out.

      Delete