Monday, January 15, 2018

Just Passing Through Q

I rather hate being in a hurry.  I hurried to the Riverside Rally, then we all hurried to the Indio Rally where we hurried to get the ice cream delivered and scooped.  Now here I am again, hurrying to get to my new place in Tucson.

I actually purchased it in April and was able to spend about three weeks there in June before hurrying back home to be out of that 118 degree heat.  It's a WINTER home.  I have so much to do, and only three months to spend before hurrying back to get my taxes filed.  Half of January is already gone.

The sunrise in Indio was gorgeous ... a nice ending to a stressful week.
Traffic wasn't bad at all as I entered Arizona.  Don't forget the time change.  
Quartzsite is beautiful as always.  I headed down to the RV park since I require a sewer connection for dumping before arriving at Lost Horse Ranch (my new digs).
I quickly sent out emails, hoping to catch up with some of the bloggers I follow.  Lucky for me, George and Suzie responded with directions to their rig.  Now if you're familiar with Quartzsite at all, you know it's something like past the two dusty road signs, past the candy cane (what??), turn right and look for Stinger Bee.  Okay then!!  I can't believe I found them on the first try.

Enjoying the afternoon with them were Bill, Patsy and their puppy Clemson (PatsyIsChillin.blogspot.com) and Tom and Deb (tdCelebratingtheDance.blogspot.com).  George is the one I've talked about who does most of their cooking on his Weber Q barbecue.  I learned a LOT about Canada since they all hail from that direction.
Time passed by too fast and it was getting dark, so I headed back to my rig to double check my second day reservations.  Lo and behold, I have no second day reservations.  As is usual for this time of year, the park is full and I have to be out by 11:00 this morning.  

I was hoping to catch up with one more blogger ... Rick and Kathy (It'sAboutTime) who are actually parked somewhere on the same 500 acres as George and Suzie.  If I wasn't in a hurry to get to Tucson and start work on my house, I would pull off in the desert and spend another couple of days.  I'll make sure I catch up with them next time!!
As I headed home, the sunset in the East was just as magnificent as the one in the West.
Looking West

Time to pack up!  I seem to have lost an hour somewhere over the Arizona border.  Yes, I forgot the time change.  I still have lots of tales of Indio to tell, but it will have to wait until tomorrow when I'm parked at my new little house in the desert, Lost Horse Ranch.







14 comments:

  1. It was great that you we able to stop by and meet up with us all while you are passing through, Too bad you have to head on out but know you are anxious to get to your winter home.
    Travel safe , until we meet again !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could have stayed longer. Next year I'll have more time as everything here will be fixed up.

      Delete
  2. We are so glad you found us all so we could meet you. I've added you to my blog list and will enjoy following along and especially your adventures at Lost Horse Ranch.
    Good luck with everything and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to meet you and your hubby Patsy. I'm adding you to my blog list!!

      Delete
  3. Sorry you didn't have a chance to stop by but next time you will be able to give us a call.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! I wish I could make Bloggerfest, but there's just too much to be done here. I have your number now, so I'll definitely try to catch up with you. Hope you are both feeling better!

      Delete
  4. So glad you were able to connect with my friends George and Suzie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know them too? I love it ... such a small world!! And such nice people!!!

      Delete
  5. Ah, the candy cane--very popular marker. My group usually turned left at the dumpsters then looked for the pirate flag. Not nearly as inviting as the candy cane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have camped there too? Such a great spot. I have always stayed further out in the boon tullies!! And I LOVE pirate flags!! How funny!! I was sure surprised to see the candy canes!!

      Delete
  6. Glad you had the opportunity to stop out to see George and Suzie giving the rest of us a chance to meet you also. It was a fun Happy Hour. Looking forward to reading about your new winter place and your adventures there. Safe Travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So fun to meet new people and to be able to keep up with their adventures via our blogs. I'm adding you all to my list!!

      Delete
  7. Love the name "Lost Horse Ranch" by-the-way...hope your drive went well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dave!! It's pretty fitting since I was always in the horse business.

      Delete