Thursday, January 25, 2018

A Little Askew!!

With the weather being particularly cold all week, I've spent most of my time either inside or shopping.  Kind of like in the summer where you go from air conditioned vehicle to air conditioned store back to air conditioned home, I try to stay warm by not going far from a heater.

Eventually I'll have a gas fireplace installed that throws heat out the front.  I probably COULD use the fireplace, but the thought of hauling wood in and cleaning the fireplace turns me off, not to mention that wood is at a premium around here.  Why you ask?  Because there IS none.  I guess trees don't grow in the desert!!

So with two long sleeve shirts on, I sat down in my newly put-together chair for a little sewing.  Other than the original 4" wide strips, this was all cut randomly.  Pretty scary when you think about ruining such pretty material.  There's a directions sheet, but it's minimal at best.
Here's what I've got so far.  It's a little askew alright ... more weird than I imagined it would be.  Apparently the idea is to make it as crazy as possible ... harder than it looks.  I'm more of a straight arrow balanced kind of person.  Trying to make them look crooked and "askew" is harder than you can imagine.

I layed (laid???) out the pieces until it looked okay, added in the color, then measured to be sure they met the required 10-1/2" square.  I got that wrong a couple of times and had to rip it all out.  Not surprising for me.  I'm the pro at ripping out things, especially knitting, but that's another story.

I have to say that this will go with absolutely nothing I have or ever will have.  I'm a traditional quilt girl.  Maybe I'll hang it in my quilt room just to remind me of my crazy side, like when I turned 21 and drank a bottle of champagne while sitting in the middle of an intersection in Denver Colorado.  What was I thinking?????
In the meantime, the puppies and I lounged on the couch.  It's a familiar picture, I know.  The second I sit down, they both have to cuddle up.  Sometimes it becomes a difficult situation because each thinks they own me.  There are always lots of ugly faces back and forth.
In the meantime, Bustacheater has contacted me several times offering their services to me for practically nothing.  Too bad they are a little late.  I probably could have used their services 17 years ago when my husband left.   

On the other hand, it doesn't matter since I'll be in Federal Prison according to the last six phone calls I received giving me fair warning they were on their way to my house with a warrant for my arrest for non-payment of taxes.  Once I collect the $2,000,000 inheritance I just received from my relative in Istanbul, I'll just pay the taxes and everything will be okie dokie.  Good grief ... will these guys ever give up??




6 comments:

  1. It should warm up there for you soon, gonna be wonderful here today.Nice to keep warm inside. You have relatives in Istanbul too? My good ness a lot of them die ing and giving away 2 million dollars. lol...i

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George, I even have some in Saudi Arabia. Who knew??

      Delete
  2. I have the exact same dilemna about layed/laid/lie/lay. Oh my!
    Stay warm, temperatures are improving but you need wool socks and sweaters in the meantime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patsy, I had the same idea about those wool socks. Going to the store today!

      Delete
  3. I wanted to wait till you got to Arizona I didn’t want to jinx’s things for you. I think this is the first time since I have been reading your blog that you gotten out of dodge without being sick.
    JWM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jim, I appreciate that. I didn't mention it either for the same reason. No Emergency Room in 2017 ... how cool was that??

      Delete