Thursday, December 31, 2020

Taking A Break In Arizona

Disaster strikes!!  I tried to move the remaining pictures of Costa Rica from the oldest computer to the second in line.  It didn't like the fact that I had no blank CD to transfer them to.  Although I thought I was copying, it seems I was moving, and now the files don't want to open at all.  BIG SIGH!! 

So ...... on with an ordinary day in Arizona!  

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE

Back in the day, you might find me sailing the San Francisco Bay on a tall ship to a spot of exquisite cold, where we could watch the fireworks up close and personal.  For the last few years, it's been watching the fireworks between my two cranky dogs on the living room floor, fighting for Nancy space.

Sadly, there will be no celebrating THIS year!!   The suppression this country is letting happen in some states is epic.  At least Arizona is letting businesses stay open.

At any rate, I think I should hit the store today for a big bottle of refreshment.  It might make the day a little better.  

I spent most of yesterday going over 25 bunny videos.  It's funny that they know when the coyotes are out.  The bunnies play around, then disappear just as the "boys" appear, who are enchanted with the smells they find.  When they wander off, the bunnies reappear.  

Having purchased gift cards (for myself of course) at Quilter's Market, I quickly dropped a bundle on parts and pieces I needed to finish two quilts.  This binding was one of them, which I spent hand sewing all day long.   I'm STILL not done.  


 Speaking of the "boys" ... here they are.  Just look at those tails!!  These guys are fat and happy!!  Check out the markings on the backs.  I've never seen that before!!  It was one of this group that I saw when looking for Miss Jessie.


 Just because I could, and because Patty gave me an unused leek, I made clam chowder.  I have to say, all clams are not equal.  Sadly, I did not have the GOOD clams and used the only variety in the store.  It is definitely NOT the same.  I'll thicken it a little more today and force it down.  This one was a little too pricey for the cemetery.


Here's the other quilt I finished last week.  One of the things I picked up was extra fabric to make pillow shams.  Unfortunately it will have to wait since they did not have the white I needed.  So many unfinished projects make me crazy!!


 Lucky for me, the Chance household received gift cards too, but for FOOD!!  They invited me to dinner at our favorite chef salad haunt.  Serial Grillers has the absolute best salad and ranch dressing.  I don't even LIKE ranch dressing, but theirs is delicious!!! 

 On our way out the door, we were treated to this magnificent scene.  You just have to love Arizona sunsets.


 I doubt very much I'll be staying up late tonight.  There's not much to celebrate other than I'm still breathing!!  

I did order a humidifier in the hopes I won't be seeing that 1/4 inch thick, 2 inch long blue lightning between the light switch and my fingers ANY MORE!!  I'll let you know if it works.


 

13 comments:

  1. You might have to reload the pictures to the old machine then send them to a storage device before putting them on the new Computer.
    Looks like you had an entire family at your watering hole.
    Nice job on your quilts.
    Wishing you only the best in the New Year.
    Be Safe and Enjoy what life has to offer.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup ... it's going to be a techno job for sure! I think it's a family of coyotes too. They sure look healthy!

      Delete
  2. Love that quilt and the sunset. We even had a pretty sunset yesterday. We don't get them here like you do at Pilot Knob. Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva! It was a pretty sunset ... I love those!!

      Delete
  3. Add Fabric softener. To a 24 oz or larger spray bottle, mix the 1 part liquid fabric softener to 5 parts water. Shake, then lightly spray over the carpet and allow to dry. (Be sure and test a small inconspicuous area first to be sure it won't stain).
    Repeat about every 2-3 months, or when the carpet begins shocking people again.
    Your photos you technically didn’t lose them even if you delete them they are still on your computer somewhere when you go to class bring that subject up they’ll show you how to find them
    Happy 2021New Year 💥🧨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to Photos and choose Album view at the bottom. Scroll down to find Recently Deleted album. Click on the Select button (top-right corner) and choose to Recover All deleted pictures or select the ones you want to recover manually. ??? The Recover button is always at the bottom-right.

      Delete
    2. Yay!! Thanks for the recipe. I'm going to mix some up today!!! The pictures are there, but they are NEF files that won't open without photoshop. Possibly if I get some blank discs I can copy them.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful oversized quilt. Look great on the bed. Enjoy your New Year's eve! I'm sure next year will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Doug. It is rather large. New Year's eve was not exciting!! LOL

      Delete
  5. For me, 40% humidity is the perfect setting to stop shocks without making me feel chilled.

    I like the brown quilt. Even as a child, burnt sienna was my favorite color. I would go through coloring books and color every animal burnt sienna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha ... just the info I was looking for, the humidity. Now I have to find something to tell me what it is!! I'm partial to copper ... same thing.

      Delete
  6. Love that quilt on the bed! You are talented! Ken is a Super Shocker too! This time of year is especially bad! You can literally see the sparks fly! Gorgeous sunset! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate it when the sparks fly!!! Maybe it's just our "electric" personalities!! LOL

      Delete