Thursday, December 3, 2020

Ahhhmmmmm Ahhhmmmmm

 I was practicing my calming exercises, helped along by a few glasses of wine last night.  I knew if I didn't have a nip my brain would be up all night long saying more disparaging things about the Apple watch.  I slept like a rock, except for that part where I needed a ride from school and agreed to go with a questionable guy in his big truck.  When he came to pick me up, there was no room, so I walked through an old West town filming a John Wayne epic movie.  My mind works in mysterious ways.

 


I spent the day trying to distract myself.  First off, the Jeep hadn't had a wash in well over six months, meaning it was loaded with Arizona and Colorado dirt and dust.  The Mister Car Wash did a $3 job on my $12 car wash. 

With the brain still trying to figure out how to fix the watch, it didn't have much room left.  I was planning on returning two packages, but I left my phone home.  It of course had the scannable thingy for the free return.   Once home, I quickly re-washed the hood and returned to town after convincing myself it needed to be done NOW.  It's funny how so much staying home makes you want to stay home even more and not even make the effort.

As I walked in the UPS store, announcing loudly I could not wear a mask (because I left that home too), the place cleared out in seconds.  I really feel bad for people who are that afraid to even be near someone else.  The nice people took my packages.  The thing is, they should be afraid of what they are TOUCHING, not someone without a mask who is obviously staying far away from everyone!!

 Back home and feeling much better ... not quite so homicidal ... I made an Every Plate lunch of hoison (spell check wants this to read poison) beef with rice.  Apparently I've become lazy in my old age because all the chopping and hacking involved before the actual eating process is getting to me.

It's SO much easier to just open the end of a box and stuff it in the microwave.  I decided I would try enjoying the process because that means less time sitting in front of the Telly. 


 Time to check out the game camera.  Wow ... what I saw!!!  Someone in a bright red robe with a green jacket walking up to the trap.  Was it Santa?  Maybe an Elf??  No wait .... that was me going to grab the camera and check the trap at 4:00 am.  It was empty and all the food inside frozen solid.

Upon further inspection, it appears the freeway was made by Big Mama on her last foray into the corral.  Grass is now growing there, which means she's nowhere around.  That has now become the scotch tape of movement.  

What's that you ask?  Place a piece of scotch tape on the door and you will know when it has been opened.  If another skunk comes in, they will definitely dig out the grass, leaving me clear sign.  Me thinks my winter entertainment is over for the time being.

Let's celebrate with STEAK!!  I pretended it was skunk fillet.  Surprisingly, this was a flat iron steak.  It came with green beans, but I forgot and left them in the package too long and they were moldy.  I improvised with a red bell pepper and onions.  

That steak ... smothered in onion, garlic and thyme sauce was mighty tasty.  That's saying something from someone who rarely EVER eats steak.  When you live on a cattle ranch, that's what you eat for practically every meal.  Overload came quickly.

The second steak made it's way into street tacos for the next three meals.  What a deal that was!!

Sadly, this is the last of the Every Plate meals.  I had picked out everything for the next three weeks and then wanted to cancel.  The nice lady on the phone apparently misunderstood.  She canceled the program effective immediately.  

Ugh ... that means I now have to figure out something to eat and hit the grocery store.  While I would normally just get lean cuisine, this program has spoiled me into thinking food should actually have some kind of flavor.

By the way, the pumpkin cheesecake pie is gone, but cool whip remains.  It makes quite a tasty treat when you add it to the top of your snowball-Mexican-wedding-cake cookies!!  Who knew?


 

11 comments:

  1. Know what you mean about "steak overload"...working in a Steak House does that to you too. Thank goodness for me it would just be for a few days, I LOVE my read meats when I have them...but every now and then I would walk into the kitchen at the restaurant and try to find something interesting to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had more ingenuity in the kitchen department. I never know what to fix, mostly because I like all the unhealthy stuff!

      Delete
  2. Where is the picture of you walking up to your camera?!?! We too have been staying home quite a bit recently and a actually quite content just staying here and working on things. I am sure we will get the itch to travel at some point but until there we are doing just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have a gorgeous house to work on!! It helps that there is two is you!! Good company.

      Delete
  3. Know what you mean about being home so much you don't want to leave.
    We now seldom have Beef and when we do it's chopped small before being cooked or in a burger.
    Be Safe and Enjoy being Skunk-Free.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy good beef, but no one sells the good stuff around here.

      Delete
  4. The flat iron steak looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was Elva. First time I've ever had one. They have them on the menu at the Elks Lodge. Next time I'm trying it.

      Delete
  5. Wow! Your mind does flow mysteriously! Had a hard time following the flow. Oh well. I do agree the longer you sit in the house the harder it is to go. I'm now 1734 miles from home and wishing I was home watching Discovery ID :) Hopefully I will come to my senses. Wonder what I should fix for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Doug ... there is definitely no flow in my dreams! Soon you'll be enjoying the sights of the desert with Yuma. By the way, love the beard!!

      Delete
  6. You have strange dreams like I do and sometimes I'm glad I can't remember them! Our brains are sure scrambled with so much going on.
    The steak looks yummy. Is there such a thing as steak UNDERload? haha
    Love the first picture!!

    ReplyDelete