Thursday, December 24, 2020

Happy Halloween!!!

Oh wait ..... that was the last holiday I missed.  You know how it is when you get old, the first thing to go is your complexion!!


MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE

I can't believe this year went by so fast, but seemed to drag it's feet like none other.  The trip from Quartzsite to Tucson was lonely, mostly because I only saw maybe ten trucks and cars. 

It was a beautiful 70 degree and sunny day.  I backed the rig into it's cubby hole and began to unload.  Where did all this stuff come from??  I quickly decided on my new goal.  I'm going to unload everything I don't use any more, donate it to the Thrift Shop and do a major cleaning job.  You know I'm not a great housekeeper ... it's been eight years!

I don't have a Christmas tree here, so I'm printing out a copy of this one from home and stapling it to the wall.  First things first, I was invited over to the Chance Ranch for pizza dinner.  You know I can NEVER turn down pizza.  It was a take and bake with chicken and garlic white sauce.  YUM YUM!!

While the kids slept, I spent the rest of the day working on the rig.  It took me three hours and all I got done was the bedroom.  SO MUCH STUFF!!  Honestly, it was mostly old clothes I never wear, stuffed in every available inch of space.  I didn't even get to the cleaning part!! 

This morning I'm sore as can be from all those stair steps.  I think it's better than working out at a gym because I was carrying so much weight with each load.

There were some skirmishes in the house I had to take care of in between loads.  Miss Jessie has completely lost her patience with Cooper in HER old age.  This is an hourly occurrence.


 Here's Cooper a couple of years ago dreaming of a million balls he can chase down with a few chicken treats in between.  

 

And so I toast to you and yours ... here's hoping you have a wonderful Christmas with your family in spite of all the crappy stuff going on in the world.  At least for a day or two we can think about something else.


 As for Costa Rica, you haven't heard about the best part yet.  Poison frogs, almost struct by lightning, more rain than you can possibly imagine and no bathing suits!  To be continued .......


14 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and your little ones! Glad you're in AZ now. The pizza sounds yummy, what a way to welcome you back home..special people there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are special people ... it's good to have really great friends.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas from Kansas. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joyce!!! Hope you have a great holiday!!

      Delete
  3. Wishing Your Family and the Chances a Safe and Merry Christmas.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Rick and Kathy. I enjoy reading your blog and feel like we are good friends!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas Nancy to you, Jessie, Cooper and, of course, Jonathan. (Almost forgot to name Jonathan and suddenly I hear this unfamiliar SQUAWKING outside)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well rats ... I should have included John's picture. Maybe tomorrow. Merry Christmas to you, Marcia and Indy!!!

      Delete
  5. At least you're getting settled in. It is amazing how much stuff we have in our RVs that we never use. Good luck with your cleaning goals and have a Merry Christmas Eve. 🤶

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Doug. To make it worse, I forgot to clean out under the bed. There's another ton of stuff to deal with!! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Pizza.....that was so nice. I'm looking forward to more of the Costa Rica adventure. Merry Christmas to you and your little group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva. I hope you both have a great day!!

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and your fur kids!
    Pizza with friends what a nice way to be welcomed back to your Tucson home.
    Good luck getting rid of stuff. When we emptied the house Tom was on a first name bases with everyone at the St. Vinnie donation door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha Deb ... yes I have a feeling I will become good friends with the donation people. It's funny how much we can accumulate in such a small area. Merry Christmas!!

      Delete