Monday, December 14, 2020

Well That Was Interesting!!

Imagine if you will .... it was the Twilight Zone all over again.  I opened my computer, clicked on Blogger and typed in my email address like every morning for the past seven or eight years.  Wasn't I shocked to see it say I didn't exist.  Well that's weird ... did I vanish in a poof of dust?

I tried again and again, using every email address I have (there are several) with the same results.  This email account does not exist.  I figured I must have made Facebook really mad by deleting all their Fact Checkers.

I tried over and over with no results.  I even typed in email addresses that were not mine!!  Nothing.  Maybe I'll try my other browser.  Nope ... I don't exist there either.  I pinched myself to be sure I hadn't croaked in the night, unaware of my now non-existence.

I cruised through every other bookmarked page I have to find that all of those worked, so it wasn't a bug in my computer.  I admit, I got caught up in pictures of this kid for half an hour.  He's just so darn cute when he hugs his toys. 
 


 I even tried to log in using my phone five or six times, but that also failed.  At long last the login popped up and it said I was ALIVE!!!  Yay I am a happy camper to know I still have a few days left on this earth!  And so I get to write my blog another day, not that I have much to say.

It was Sunday ... a day of rest.  I really didn't need any rest since I haven't done a darn thing all week.  Oh I did some packing and rearranging of the rig since D-day is close at hand.  Mostly I kept checking and rechecking the arrival day and time of my new computer.  TODAY IS THE DAY!!

I've also been double checking the weather.  It's been raining for the last two days, causing the complete stoppage of my front gutters due to big leaves.  That is exactly why I'm having that tree removed when I return.  In the meantime, that is today's big adventure ... climbing the ladder and cleaning the gutters.  Woohoo!!

For dinner I decided to try something different.  I love some crispy chicken tenders, but the ones you buy at KFC are barely 1/4 inch thick ... more breading then chicken.  This is why I need a Fry Daddy!

They look delicious, right?  Ten seconds later they were as black as that pan.  I lowered the heat and fried the rest in only a half inch of oil.  I know it's wasteful, but trying to save that oil which ends up all over my counter, is not worth it.  Double dipping them in panko breading worked, making them extra crispy and SO tender.  Finally .... a cooking success!  Well ... except for those three black ones.


 I did check the critter cam to find 161 videos.  What in the world?  There must be something wrong with the camera.  I double checked the settings and they were all perfect.  I did a cursory glance at a few of them to find nothing.  No movement at all.  So much for my afternoon attention getter.

Cooper and I crashed on the couch after dinner, exhausted from all that couch sitting we did all day.


 While I wait with calm and composure (not) for my new computer, I'll be sanitizing the water tank on the rig.  That's where I spill bleach all over me and the concrete trying to get two cups into the water hose.  No worries, I'll wear very old clothes.




14 comments:

  1. Well it’s good to see you’re back amongst the living the next time you go to Lowe’s or Home Depot go in the gutter department they have screens that go on the top of the gutter so you can’t get leaves in the gutter only water
    As for the bleach along neck funnel. Or over the sink put your bleach in a soda bottle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen those gutter screens,but alas, they won't work for me. See today's blog.

      Delete
  2. Yea, BIG Google breakdown today, you were lucky to get logged on when you did, but it is fine now (9 am eastern time).

    I wish that our Carbquik had a good chicken recipe, but we just stick to baked chicken or fried up in a Wok...but mostly Sams Rotisserie...hard to beat $4.99 already cooked, and the soup it makes is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... that's cheap chicken!!! Around here it's $8.00

      Delete
  3. Well Mr. Ed posted what I was going to say.
    The Google thing wasn't noticed because I was still having other issues that I got cleared. If there is a next time simply shut your computer completely down then restart it. That should clear up most problems.
    Cooper looks so angelic with his toy.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sanitizing my water hose I used a measuring cup with a spout and poured VERY SLOWLY. I already have enough ruined clothing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooper is a cutie loving his toy..Chicken looks awesome! Between phones and computers I'd be going nuts! Hope your new computer arrives today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I was getting pretty far off the wall yesterday!! The best is yet to come!

      Delete
  6. Put the Bleach in a turkey baster contraption.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's an idea! I'll explain how I do it today.

      Delete
  7. Hope your computer has arrived. Al said he had Blogger problems too and it was a Google glitch that was fixed quickly. But not quick enough for you. :) Cute pic of Cooper sleeping with his toy.

    ReplyDelete