Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Next UP .......

Well lets see ... we've had 27 degree nights with snow and 80 degree days with loads and loads of rain from February until now.  Next up ..... WIND.  Today it should be in the 25 mph range from 9:00 to 5:00.  Watch out Quartzsite!!  We've certainly run the gamut of weather this last month.  I'm hoping it all clears up for the Escapade coming to the fairgrounds all next week.

In the meantime, not much has changed here.  All that rain yesterday turned on my couch potato button.  I did jump up at 6:45 am when the garbage guy showed up however.  They missed me last Wednesday ... I called ... they missed me Thursday ... I called ... they missed me Friday.  You get the picture.

They missed me every single day until yesterday morning when they grabbed my can, now sitting by the garage, and scared the heck out of the dogs and I.  I loaded it back up and hauled it out at 5:00 this morning.  My apologies to the neighbors.

Needless to say, my new plantings didn't get purchased either.
Two days ago in a small window of sun, I spotted this beauty, a lesser goldfinch.  There hasn't been much bird activity at all with water pouring from the sky every other day.  This is the only one that hasn't perched on the hummingbird feeder.

So what's better than sitting on the couch all day?  Why eating a 3000 calorie dinner, just to be sure those extra five pounds are packed in there real tight.  It seems Dan and Patty discovered that Culvers (a place I've never been before) is having a bang up special of deep fried walleye fish.  It won't last long, so get as much of it as you can NOW.

Throw in some onion rings which I LOVE and you've got guilty pleasure written all over your face.  If there's a Culvers near you, check it out.  It was FABULOUS!!
Next UP .... my all time favorite little town ..... Tombstone, if the weather will just cooperate a little bit.



11 comments:

  1. She ready for whatever weather as long as its not snow, Last day here now and heading further east. Hopefully a tailwind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love fresh Walleye, I can get lots of it when we get back home and will have a few fish fries.

      Delete
    2. No walleye available where I come from. It was VERY delicious!

      Delete
  2. It has indeed been silly weather everywhere.
    Stay dry and put lead in your boots if you are going out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely boots. YOU guys stay safe ... you are heading THAT direction.

      Delete
  3. The Wind is giving us a good shaking right now but this will be the worst day in the forecast.
    Been to Culvers a few times and really enjoyed it. Glad you did as well.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the changing weather.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind just makes for a wide-awake sleep!! LOL

      Delete
  4. The wind is definitely with us. The weather to put it nicely has been interesting. We actually have a Culver's in Escanaba and if I am going to eat fast food it is my go to. There custard is also very good, if you like that sort of thing...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do love the custard, but I was WAY too full!! Good food there.

      Delete
  5. The wind is just HOWLING out by Tucson Mountain Park. I'm just sick of it. I feel bad for the people who live here year round, they put up with horrible summers in exchange for good winters. Looks like this year they're getting 100% horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It blew pretty hard here, but not the worst I've ever seen. I'm hoping this means the summer will be cooler! The weather certainly is being unpredictable.

      Delete