Thursday, March 14, 2019

Mike ... Mike ... Mike!!!

It was hump day in the Arizona desert and am I glad THAT'S over with.  The wind blew all day long, accompanied by rain of course.  Mrs. Dove didn't seem to mind as she stayed high and dry in the palm tree.  She moved a quarter turn from last year making it much harder to photograph her.
I don't know if this is her or Dad.  It even seems the kids from last year are still hanging around.  In the afternoons, they all come out for lunch in the grass.  I've never noticed one with black spots before.
Hump day did give me a chance to get out and look for spring.  In spite of the wind, which isn't fun at all, there were a few breaks in the rain, enough to catch several of my yucca plants blooming.  They don't look like much yet, but once the blooms open, they will shine a little brighter.
In the afternoon, I took off on a jaunt looking for another ghost town.  Look what I found instead.  Finally, some flowers blooming in the desert.  You can tell the skies were pretty angry.  I found the little town, but it's a ways from the pavement and quite muddy.  

The first big dip didn't look appealing enough to be stuck in for hours, so I opted to return on another day.  As it was, I splattered mud all over the highway for half a mile once I got out.  

I suppose I could have left my car on the side of the road and walked, but that didn't feel safe either.  Do that in California and not only will your battery and tires disappear, your entire CAR will be gone upon your return.  Mike Mike Mike ... they stole my car!!!  Better to be safe than sorry!
With so many clouds still overhead, the sunset didn't happen.  The day before however, it was pretty spectacular from my back yard.  
It's a chilly 33 degrees this morning.  Arizona can't decide whether to be warm or freezing cold.  I'm determined that won't keep me from Tombstone today.  At least all the roads are paved.


10 comments:

  1. We did not have any more rain just some wind too dry things out.
    Have fun in Tombstone, the western wear, bird cage Theatre , and an overstuffed Rueben at Big Nose Kates for me please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how Mrs. Dove comes back to make her home in the same spot and that you are getting such lovely pictures of her nesting.
    The desert flowers are beautiful and the yucca will be too.
    Enjoy Tombstone, I've no doubt you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the doves have come back to the same spot every year. Everything will be nice around here if it ever warms up!! LOL

      Delete
  3. Definitely agree that Arizona can't make up it's mind on the Temperature. Looks like a warm up coming before another slight cool down.
    Be Safe and Enjoy Tombstone.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping Arizona makes up it's mind before summer!!

      Delete
  4. We had that same wind yesterday. Or was that just a breeze?
    The wildflowers are certainly beautiful this year and your picture does them justice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was windy up here! LOL Flowers should be fabulous everywhere.

      Delete
  5. Love the photo with the yellow flowers and the threatening sky. Yesterday was just ridiculous in terms of the wind and rain. I truly want my snowbird rebate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Allison. We should definitely get a refund on snowbird weather.

      Delete