Thursday, March 28, 2019

I'm Obsessed!!!

My new book ..... How To Gain Weight In Two Hours.  Believe me, it's as easy as pie!  While at a quilt show a week or so ago, the nice lady said she would be at the Green Valley Farmer's Market, held every Wednesday.  What?  I've never heard of that before and I've been here two years.  Patty had not heard about it either and she's been here seven I think!!

So off we trotted yesterday to Green Valley.  Thankfully the Arizona weather Gods have turned a corner to lovely 50 degrees at night with highs in the 70's.

Truthfully, it's more of a craft fair than a farmer's market, which is right up my bailiwick.  We wandered slowly looking at mostly jewelry, southwest blankets and artsy stuff, until we came to these!  I cannot tell a lie ... I NEVER pass up cupcakes ... EVER!!

I had the S'mores one on the right.  Oh my .... I was in heaven!  How in the world do you make graham cracker frosting?  Well I'm here to tell you, I'm going to find out.  I almost bought a second one, but better judgement finally took hold.
Not for long though.  We really did look for vegetables and fruit, but they were few and far between.  I mean really, that stuff doesn't exactly grow on trees in the desert.

Next up, a local lady had made these pecan pie bars, GLUTEN FREE she said.  That means no sugar or fat, right?  I moseyed right on up to the table and bought one.  Maybe not the best I've ever eaten, mostly because I couldn't get that cupcake out of my head.
Then it happened.  I spotted the bread on the cutting board.  I took a taste.  I took another taste.  When the proprietor came back, I took a third taste.  OMGosh this is GOOD!!!  Gluten free she said, with no yeast and no sugar.  It's soft yet chewy, sprinkled with rosemary and sea salt.  I bought a loaf, but should have bought every one she had.

I'm now completely and thoroughly obsessed with finding a recipe for this bread.  If anyone has something similar, please let me know.  It's a type of french bread with rosemary, brushed with olive oil, very dense and moist with a good chew.  I can tell from the bottom, it's been baked on a baguette tray.  I MUST HAVE MORE!!!!
Just to add to the flavor, I purchased a bottle of 25 year old balsamic.  My oh my this is tasty.  I could almost drink a shot of it.  Perfect for dipping that bread.
Sonora dogs were the lunch of the day, although three other options were available.  Do NOT buy the PASS-tees (pasties).  It was like no other I've tried and I wish I hadn't tried that one.  

On the way out, at the back end of the parking lot is a cactus/plant nursery of sorts.  They had lots of pots, water fountains and statue-type things.  I picked up these cute quail for $25 as we wandered around.
I've had so many scorpions in my house, what's one more.  Maybe this one will scare off the smaller ones.
I was stuffed to the gills, but as long as we were there, we make a quick trip into Joanns to check out their sales.  That's when Patty pointed out this tree.  Anyone know what it is?  I'd love to have one in my back yard.  It looks very much like a wisteria.  Maybe it is ........  
Upon my return, I spent another 45 minutes on the phone trying to get my windshield replacement scheduled.  Finally, Progressive's computer system updated and gave me a new Referral Number.  I called Duncan, but they said it was a no-go.  Why?  Because they were running it through under the OLD number.  

At long last Carla got on the phone with Duncan and FINALLY I am good to go.  I called the installation company, who said possibly this afternoon.  I'm not holding my breath.  It will be tomorrow morning at the latest.  Nine days and umpteen phone calls to get this taken care of, not to mention my $5,000 payment over the last two years.  Next month I'm lowering coverage and raising the deductible.  I think it would be cheaper and easier to pay for the windshield myself.
The desert rewarded me with a beautiful pink sky last night and I contemplated my obsession with that bread and how many calories I ate in one day!!!  Hey, what's a few calories when you're having fun!!  Life's short ..... eat cupcakes!!!









10 comments:

  1. Glad that you got to enjoy all those calories sounds like a fun day.
    Now to carry on with your windshield replacement and all should be good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day with a nice surprise at the end.

      Delete
  2. When you get back to California put your RV insurance in Storage dormant
    You’ll have a minimum coverage
    There’s no sense in having full coverage when it’s not on the road
    But the other question is is the insurance on your RV for the original purchase price,,, or is it based on it,s valuation today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's based on the original price. I'll see if I can lower the value at least to what I still owe on it, which is about it's current value.

      Delete
  3. Always nice being able to try new foods and if it's Glutten Free is great for loosing weight.
    Good Luck getting your Windshield fixed.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that about gluten free. Truthfully I think my problem is just eating too darn much! Hahahaha

      Delete
  4. Sorry we missed seeing you. After reading above I know why, I unfortunately have to stay clear of bread and cupcakes...:( I was looking at jewelry...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there was some beautiful jewelry to look at!!!!!

      Delete
  5. I think the tree with the lovely lilac colored blossoms is what is known in Texas as a mountain laurel.

    ReplyDelete