Friday, March 22, 2019

Do NOT Move the Furniture!!

I didn't mention the Homeowner's Association meeting we attended the other night ... the Chance Family and I.  It's very appropriate that it is held at the Catholic Church so everyone will mind their p's and q's.

St. Rita helped us tremendously by keeping the rowdies at bay.  With only about 20 people in attendance, you would think it would go quite well ... and it did this time.  There was no hour long discussion about whether chickens are considered livestock or not.  Livestock are NOT allowed in the subdivision of one acre and larger lots, but someone keeps hearing roosters crow.

On the other hand, we can do just about anything we want as far as buildings are concerned, just don't paint them purple or turquoise.
It was a VERY long night.  Do you have these plugins in your house?  Do you have the nice smelly things underneath that evaporate with the warmth of electricity?  Yup ... I did too, but now tragically, they are all in the trash.

I took this one down (with bottle attached) and set it in a large decorative bowl.  Over time as I moved things in and out of the bowl, I knocked it over on it's side.  Do you know what happens then?  All the juice flows out into the bowl, on and around everything IN the bowl.

Luckily the muffins were in a zip lock bag.  Not so for the dog meds, the onion, the garlic and the bird bananas.  What a mess THAT was to clean up ... and right at bedtime.  I've washed my hands six times and they STILL smell flowery.  That alone would have kept me up all night ... and it did.
I had decided to move the furniture in the bedroom to allow me to sleep on the OTHER side of the bed.  My mattress isn't the best in the land and there's now a two inch dip on one side.  Too bad for me I remembered to do it just before bedtime.  And Cooper was watching.

Don't you wish you knew DogSpeak?  If he could say anything, it would have been to NOT move the furniture.  Cooper became a nervous wreck.  I tried to get him to stay on the dippy side, but he stood on my chest and licked my nose for ten minutes, in spite of his involuntary trip across to the other side.

I got up, tripping over the shoes I forgot to move and trying to find the light.   In desperation, I went back to the dippy side.  It didn't matter.  He wasn't having any of this furniture movement idea.  At long last I gave up and drug a quilt to the couch, where we spent a fitful night as I tried to keep my smelly hands away from my face.   

Otherwise, it was a good day as I scoped out Harbor Freight.  Not that I wanted to, since it's a very long drive, but Ace Hardware didn't have the 3 inch long cotter pin I need for geocaching.  It's used to roll up those teeny tiny log sheets for replacement back into the container.

Harbor Freight didn't have them either, although they did have a nice box of 555.  Probably not really that many in the box, but it weighed five pounds.  I'll never need that many, so I passed.

It's nice to have all your supplies together ... knife, needle nose pliers, side cutters, tweezers, extra log books, rattlesnake bite kit, you know, all that important stuff.  At long last as I wandered through TJ Maxx, I spotted the perfect container.  A backpack about twelve inches high with lots of pockets.  

Now all my "stuff" is in one spot.  I'll just leave it in the Jeep for those spur of the moment geocaching trips.
Spring has finally sprung around here.  The quail are back at the water station and the ocotillo are starting to leaf out, covering up their stick-like arms.  
Before too many snakes come out to bask in the sunshine, Patty Dan and I are going on a hike down through the canyon below our houses to check out the Secret Hideout.  My geocaching bag with a snakebite kit and bandaids just might come in handy.




12 comments:

  1. LOL sure would be nice to understand dog speak. Cant't that dog new tricks or even re-arrange the furniture. Have fun with your geocaching adventures .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think after 9 years I would understand this dog! LOL

      Delete
  2. Have you ever been bitten by a Rattler, or have any close calls??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many close calls when I was a kid. Our cow camp in the Sierras had a den close by. There was lots of snake for dinner. None since I got older, I'm sure because I got smarter!

      Delete
  3. Cooper better learn English because I'd be sleeping in the bed.
    If you see a Rattler on time just back away and reroute your line of travel. They only do that to protect themselves not really knowing that you just want to go past them. Nice Backpack.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Rick ... I would be sleeping in the bed too, except I'm afraid he will jump off and hurt his back. Better to take the couch where he has a step up. Thank you ... I love that little backpack!

      Delete
  4. Great cache bag! You do carry a walking stick don't you? Keep those snakes at Bay or at least let them know you are close. I didn't have time in the second session for safety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not carry a stick, but I actually make a lot of noise when bush whacking, just so they know I'm coming. Haven't seen a rattler since I've been in Tucson.

      Delete
  5. Gloves, pencil, bug bite treatment, flashlight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea Linda .. thank you! I do need bug bite stuff and gloves. Have a pen and flashlight already.

      Delete
  6. Well if you go on your walk, an if anybody get snake 🐍 bit remember Saint Rita
    That’s where we will send the flowers πŸŒ»πŸŒΌπŸ’πŸŒ·πŸŒΉπŸ₯€πŸŒΊπŸŒΈ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ... nowadays, since they've just revamped the snake bite anti venom, rarely does a person die, but I appreciate the flowers. Send yellow roses please!!

      Delete