Sunday, March 31, 2019

I Should Have Stayed In Bed

Sometimes things just don't go your way.  I probably should have stayed home in bed and started out the next day.  

I said goodbye to my beautiful blooming yucca plants .......
Had the last ice cream for the road .......  and I was off!!
Before I even got out of Tucson, my brand spanking new windshield was covered with bugs.  Later, I found out that was nothing, because by the time I got to Quartzsite, I could barely see.  At least there were beautiful wildflowers everywhere along the highway.
I stopped for a puppy break in Gila Bend, deciding to fuel up here.  Just as I pulled in, some guy in a big truck pulled up facing me, just close enough to the pumps that I couldn't get in to get fuel.  I waited for a few minutes as he slowly meandered inside.  

I'm sure he had three cheeseburgers while he was there.  Meanwhile, his truck blocked all but one pump I couldn't get to.  Fifteen minutes later I gave up and drove around to the back.  As I did, I saw him finally come out, grab the car windshield wash brush and proceed to clean not only his windows, but his truck.  How rude!!! 
I decided to head on out to Quartzsite.  That's when I discovered, even though I made a reservation for a 50 amp hookup, the actual owner (who is rarely ever here) had given them all to other people.  Finally parked in a 30 amp, I began the windshield cleanup.  What a mess that was!!

While I did that, I turned on the satellite dish to acquire the satellites.  It did, but there was no TV.  Acquiring Signal went on for about ten minutes with not a single bar.  I spent two hours on the phone and got nothing.  Dish Network blamed the Winegard dish.  Winegard was closed for the evening.

Ok ... I'll watch a movie.  When I hit play, I could hear the movie playing, but could only see a blue screen on the TV.  Good grief!!  What next?

Maybe I'll vacuum the rig.  I plugged it in to charge up, but noticed the little light wasn't flashing.  I plugged it in to three outlets before giving up completely.  The outlets were fine when tested.  I showed great restraint by not throwing it in the trash.

What next?  My rotten little dog peed on the couch cushion sitting on the floor (it makes it easier for them both to get up ON the couch).  Luckily, it was an easy clean, but I was in no mood to put up with such happenings.  There was a lot of yelling going on!!

I was finally able to get ahold of electronic and technical wizard Barbara Westerfield, who walked me through some tests of the TV to find there is absolutely no signal going from the Winegard to the Dish receiver.  Maybe it's disconnected from the dish on the roof?  

Who knows.  I guess that will be my first repair when I get home ... crawling on the roof to check it out.  Otherwise, I may have to spend a couple nights at their house next week in order to get it fixed.  It's funny ... there are lots of dish satellite installation guys out there, but NO repairmen.

I would just laugh about it all, but I'm too busy sneezing from all the pollen in the air!!!

I should have stayed in bed ONE MORE DAY!!!  I've got a long seven hour drive ahead of me today.   Just for giggles, I'm heading up to Needles and then West instead of the usual Riverside freeways and traffic.  Here's to a smooth road ahead.






16 comments:

  1. Oh my, not a fun day at all, good luck with getting those issues resolved, and hope you have a better day today, safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our two day ride here from Quartzsite our windshield was covered with bugs; the worst through Tucson. The wildflowers were beautiful though. Hope today went better. Continued safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate those bugs ... its so hard to get them off.

      Delete
  3. One time I plugged the HDMI into the second port instead of HDMI 1. I kept trying to change the input but not on HDMI 2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it Jan, but mine stays hooked up all the time. I've never changed any of the hookups. Hoping to get it fixed soon.

      Delete
  4. BOOKS No plug-in necessary
    Isn’t the word adventure in the title of your blog Living up to its name
    I’m sure Edward Murphy’s law Could add more surprises
    I thought the whole point of RVing was to adapt to surprises 🎊🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS Ed, it IS ... I'm just not very good at that! LOL
      I would be better at adapting if I had television!!

      Delete
  5. Few things make me as crazy as when the DISH doesn't work because I am absolutely powerless to do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably why it bothers me so much. I have no idea how to fix it and can't seem to find anyone who is willing to do so.

      Delete
  6. Funny, I expected to have to scrap "Love Bugs" off our motorhome as we got out of Florida...but nope, no problem at all...but I did see one when I filled with gas just outside of Tallahassee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard they are the worst Dave!!! Glad you missed them this year.

      Delete
  7. We must have passed one another going opposite directions. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed for the next time.
    There are ignorant people out there that just believe it's there duty to mess everyone else's day up.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking I just missed you ... maybe even passed you on the road. If I wasn't in such a hurry to get my tax info to my accountant, I surely would have stayed another night in Q.

      Delete
  8. I've just read this. LOL I've heard of 3 strikes you're out but 5 or 6 ? sorry for your trouble, it can only get better!

    ReplyDelete