Wednesday, March 27, 2019

A Nice Diversion

Sometimes you miss things and just have to play catchup.  I didn't show images of the inside of the Bird Cage Theatre in Tombstone.  This is where miners, cowboys and outlaws spent their hard earned gold, or stolen loot as the case may be.

You can take all the pictures you want, but are not allowed to show any of them on the internet.  I suppose it's bad for business.  If you can see it on your computer, you might not be as likely to part with the $14 entry fee.

Personally, I don't think that's the case.  You can't see the details in pictures, and the details are certainly worth $14.00.  Did I take these images or steal them from the already hundreds posted out there?  I'll never tell.

This is the entry way where the actual bar was located.  You can still see bullet holes in the wood, as well as the dumbwaiter they used to hoist food and drink to the upper floor.
This is the view from about mid way.  It's very small inside ... nothing like you probably imagined.  That piano on the right?  It came around the horn and is the original one brought in to accompany the singing ladies ... or maybe the male comedians, which for obvious reasons, were few and far between.
Here's the view from the stage.  Those are the bird cages hanging from the ceiling on either side.  That's where the girls entertained the miners, cowboys and outlaws behind red curtains.  Not much privacy there!!
This is the same faro table that Wyatt Earp played on.  All those papers say don't touch, and smile, you're on candid camera.  There is an entire bank of cameras viewed from the gift shop to be sure you don't steal anything.
I'm not sure they help because many artifacts are missing from my trips of the past.  This image is part of a hand painted collection that runs around the entire room at the bottom of the cribs.  They are holding up pretty good for their age.  I wonder whose idea it was to encircle the place with pictures of a circus??
Here's one of the more interesting items.  Have you ever seen Jake the Alligator Man from Long Beach Washington?  This must be his long lost wife, the mermaid girl.  She doesn't look any too happy to be locked up in the desert away from her watery home.
To keep me occupied while waiting for the insurance company computer to update, I worked on painting my latest gourd.  I still think I may add to it somehow, but time is running short.  I've got water tanks to fill and stuff to pack.  I have to admit there's not much this time ... what a refreshing thing THAT is!!  I think the dogs have more stuff to pack than I do.
I'll be off to Green Valley for their Farmers Market this morning.  Maybe I can add to the "take this home" box by the back door.  






10 comments:

  1. Just received renewal from progressive. What?
    Can't believe the increase. What are you doing?Of course we need ins.but not at that cost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gone over the moon. Mine has increased over $1000 in the last two years. I think they all got together and said lets screw everyone. EVERY company has raised their rates for RV's. Once my windshield is replaced, I'll lower the coverage some and raise the deductible I guess. I've been shopping, but they all are within dollars of each other.

      Delete
  2. Saturday seems to be a departure date that everyone is choosing. Hopefully we'll see you down the road.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesirree!! I'd rather go later in the week, but my taxes await.

      Delete
  3. The Bird Cage is a very interesting place to explore we loved it as well, Thanks for some updates pictures, You gourd looks awesome.
    more good luck with the insurance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ... I sure had fun burning and painting that one.

      Delete
  4. Your gourd art is very pretty . You might have just found a new day job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be right Vernon!! It's a nice pastime. At the very least, there will be lots of Christmas presents!! LOL

      Delete
  5. The Bird Cage was Tom's favorite stop and I thought it was fun explore, also. Enjoyed whose ever pictures those were...lol
    I think your gourd is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. I looked for you yesterday at Green Valley. That sure was a nice market.

      Delete