Wednesday, March 20, 2019

It Was A GREAT Day!!

Good Morning Arizona!!!  Finally the wonderful warm days of Arizona have returned.  I was up with the puppies at our normal 4:30 and got a nice welcoming from the full moon.  Actually not quite full, but it sure was bright!!
My first order of business was to find out how to proceed on my motorhome windshield replacement.  It has a nice big ding in the middle, rather distracting when I drive, and starting to spread.  On the way here, I got another one.  Time to have it replaced where someone actually carries the glass.  There's nothing in my neck of the woods in California.

After an hour on the phone, I accidentally dropped the call, which turned out to be a good thing.  When I called back, I got a happy girl ready to approve anything I wanted.   With my OK in hand, I headed off to the Escapade at the fairgrounds to find Mobile RV Glass.

The place was packed to the brim with rigs.  There's not a single electrical hookup available and hardly any place to park.
I asked how many attended, but the count had not been completed.  Being familiar with the fairgrounds from the horse shows, luckily I knew where to find a tiny spot for my Jeep.  Off I trotted to the vendor area.
Mobile RV Glass was the last vendor I spotted, with three good looking guys standing there just waiting to sign me up.  I filled out the paperwork, but have to wait for one more phone call from the Duncan Company, even though Progressive is my insurance carrier.  It feels pretty good to have NO deductible for a $3,000 project.  Once that call comes through .... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.  They will install the first of next week.  

After that, what could be better than dinner with these two great friends.  Barbara is putting on a geocaching seminar today and I'll be front and center.  I never had so much fun as when I drove with these two clear to Bangor Maine, geocaching all along the way.  It's a great way to learn so much history about any place you are.  Geocaching is worldwide and a very fun treasure hunt.
Patty and Dan picked me up and we met the Westerfields at Serial Grillers for dinner.  Not long ago all they had was a food truck.  Now they have four brick and mortar locations throughout Tucson.  It's just what it sounds like .... "serial killer" names are on the menu.  I had the Taken Lives panini, but was torn between that and American Psycho.  The names will give you a chuckle.
They have great sandwiches, huge really amazing salads, burgers and some of the best fries in the country.  The onion rings aren't too shabby either.
So I'll be off this morning to the Escapade to thank them for bringing such great weather to Tucson.  I'm hoping to meet up with several friends and maybe meet more new ones!!




12 comments:

  1. Enjoy yourself at the Escapade. Good news about your windshield and at 0 cost, yay!
    I thought I would get into geocaching a few years ago but with no one interested in it the same way, it fell to the wayside.
    I love the menu! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't really interested in geocaching either until I went on a trip with someone who does it. Turned out it was total detective work, and I had a blast.

      Delete
  2. Nice to get that windshield replaced, ours is 2 piece and the drivers side has been replaced 2 times we have $100 deductible . Interesting menu have fun there as I know you will and enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure like those low deductibles. Two pieces are probably less expensive. I sure hate it when that happens!

      Delete
  3. Glad you got the Insurance approval for the Windshield.
    Funny Menu at the restaurant and if the Food is good that's a bonus.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Escapade.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping my fingers crossed it gets installed correctly and this doesn't happen again.

      Delete
  4. Ours is a one piece windshield and I wish it wasn't. Replacing it requires a scaffold and two really strong guys. Glad you found someone to do the work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly .... and you never know if you are getting the same quality glass. Are they all alike?

      Delete
  5. WOW, $3,000 windshield! They must line it with gold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding. It's mostly because it's HUGE and requires two or three guys to install it. I did pretty good ... this is the first one in 7 years.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a great day and having the insurance pay for the windshield does help boost the great factor...:)
    Interesting and unique menu.
    Back one day: thanks for the tip on the Linear Garden and your gourds look pretty especially impressed with the feather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deb. Seems there's always something different around the corner to check out. That's why I love "adventure" so much.

      Delete