Friday, February 1, 2019

Round Two ... Or Is It Three?

My fridge is coming ..... my fridge is coming ..... or maybe not.  Honestly I have no idea, but I'm excited anyway!!  Unfortunately I never did make it to Harbor Freight yesterday, but I did get down to the store to PAY for the beautiful smudge-free side by side beauty that's going to keep my semi-terrible cooking cold enough not to spoil.

I opted for the smudge free over the black stainless since it was less expensive.  This way I get the new microwave I need.  That's another story.  Every time I open the door, the top piece falls off on my head.  The trim around the door is broken, which I'm certain allows microwaves to invade my body.  Every time I turn it on, I jump to the side.
While waiting for the store to open, I took a quick jaunt through my back yard.  You can see in the above image that a javelina took a nice bite out of this prickly pear cactus.  This weird one must not be as tasty.
I discovered someone has been around down by the railroad tracks.  Although very loose and flimsy, there was a fence along the edge of the property separating the railroad right of way.  Someone used wire cutters on the barbed wire and pulled it aside.  There's a very obvious trail now that crosses through and heads down the railroad tracks.  It makes you wonder.

The only nice color I could find were these berries among huge thorns.  I've no idea what they are.
Anyway, back to the fridge.  When I went to pay, the guy said OH as he pulled it up on the computer. That did NOT sound good.  I asked him to double check the information and the installation date of Friday.  Well he said ... we don't deliver there on Fridays.  

My head and shoulders dropped six inches.  Of course the salesman who set it up was OFF that day.  He ran my credit card and gave me a piece of adding machine tape with only the amount.  Don't I even get an invoice saying what I just bought??  
As I walked around the javelina diggings contemplating just how much I wanted that refrigerator, I was making plans should it not arrive.  See?  Even the desert critters have a hard time digging in this soil.
Except for these guys.  It's probably a rat of some kind.  There may even be a snake hiding in there.
That's kind of how my mind works ..... things jump around a lot.  I asked the nice man to please double check on the delivery date.  They will call you he said.  Yeah ... they'll call me to say they aren't coming until next week!!!

I left with all my paperwork telling myself to remain calm.  It's no big deal.  I couldn't stand it though, so when I got home, I called the manager.  He said they had verified a "special" delivery TODAY with the stockroom.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm hoping the seeds of deliver-on-time have been planted in the stockroom crew.  At least I'll know by 8:00 whether to jump up and down or go on a comforting spending spree at Macy's.
In the meantime I'm trying to get some new ideas for junk food for the Super Bowl.  You can't have a good super bowl without loads of guacamole, chips, chicken wings and unhealthy things.  I've found a new recipe for a kind of shrimp avocado cheese dip.  Oh fun ... an untried recipe.  I'll let you know how it turns out!!






14 comments:

  1. For some unfair reason, you , my dear, are being tested. Man oh man! I sure hope it arrives today on that SPECIAL delivery or the store should get a review. You know what kind!
    Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tested would be the correct word. I'm practicing my Zen moves!

      Delete
  2. Here's hoping it arrives today. After all you need a place for all the Super Bowl goodies. Nothing like a loaf of pumpernickel bread hallowed out filled with spinach dip to go along with those great commercials.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Peter ... that sounds pretty delicious. I may have to add that to the menu.

      Delete
  3. Nancy, try making the chicken wings in the Instant Pot. Minimal ingredients. Makes a bunch. I tried several times and enough for a dinner for 2 and some leftovers. Just a thought. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Lynn! I've never made them in the IP before. Maybe I should do a practice run first! LOL

      Delete
  4. Gone are the days of Next Day Delivery. Hoping you get your delivery today.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got that right! I don't know, maybe they are just that busy!!

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your delivery today , and now to enjoy all those snacks and the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to have one more thing OFF my shoulders.

      Delete
  6. Sure hope it comes...or came since it is 2:30 your time as I post this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you would be right Dave ... they showed up right at 2:30!!

      Delete
  7. I am late to this wishing party of hope it gets delivered. I can only say I hope there is a new fridge, I like the smudge proof part, sitting under the cabinet you finally got cut so the fridge would fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a regular stainless steel and it's a hot mess. Hopefully this smudge-proof will be better.

      Delete