Sunday, February 3, 2019

SQUIRREL!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes my mind wanders ... like a dog who's walking beside you one second and in the next ..... SQUIRREL!!! and he's gone in a flash.  That would be Jessie too, which is why she has to either be on a leash or in a fenced yard.

Such was the case with me yesterday.  Just as I set their dry dog food on the counter .... SQUIRREL ... I saw something in the fridge I needed to grab and VOILA ... dog food all over the floor.  I'll probably never EVER find it all.

It didn't change when I got to the quilt show.  Oh look at those shirts ..... PURSE!!!  Having arrived for the opening bell, there were lots of clothes to choose from, but not so much quilting stuff.  There's another big show in Phoenix along with Super Bowl Sunday, so I think the vendors and the crowds have other destinations in mind.

This was the first beauty I found.  It's made with a technique called paper piecing, which is all the rage right now.  It's gorgeous, but I don't think I have the focus nor stamina to finish something like this.
Oh look ... here's another beauty!  Okay, not really in my ballpark, but it is different.  Paper piecing to the extreme.  This was done by a master quilter and of course won a ribbon.
As the nice lady was explaining it to me .... SQUIRREL ..... look at THAT!!!!  Enlarge this one if you can.  It's probably my favorite.  What a fabulous wall hanging.
I kept getting drawn away and around the corner with every look.  
I ran from one quilt to another as new ones caught my eye, just like Jessie running after critters.
I stopped at this one.  It made me dizzy ... like an over pixelized image.  I know someone in Yuma that could make THIS one ... right Cindy???
The quilting on this couldn't really be seen from the front so I asked the lady to hold up the edge. This must have taken hours and hours to complete!!  For me, it's not the quilting, it's the fabric and creating something out of nothing.  Those quilting machines are WAY too expensive for my budget and I don't think I have the patience.
SQUIRREL!!!!
Here's a close up of the quilting on the one above.  How do they get those lines so straight???  
I took this picture because it's a pattern I have and want to make.  There's a couple of colors in here I don't care for, so I'll know what NOT to pick when I get around to sewing it.  Still, this is beautiful!
There was only one fabric vendor who also had a few quilting tools, but nothing to write home about.  My favorite store from Miami Arizona wasn't present, only sewing machine vendors and of course some clothing.  The Guild itself has a section of things for sale, so I wandered along the tables with only one squirrel spotted.  This book has several cool quilts in it ... normally $25 or so, I got for $3.  
Then there was the makeup table for all those quilters out there who want to look beautiful while they sew.  I have always been curious about the LipSense stuff.  Lipstick that stays glued to your face for days on end.  

We tested some colors, and I have to say it works.  This stuff has been on my hand through multiple washings and dish scrubbing for almost 24 hours and it's not lost it's color, nor is it coming off.  So just how DO you get this stuff off.  I think I'm going to have a colorful hand for the next six months.
With Super Bowl Day having arrived, I've got a fresh tester recipe to try out on the Chance household.  It involves shrimp, cheese and avocados, so it can't be all bad.  Well it COULD, but I've got my fingers crossed I don't have to have a burial today.  Wish me luck!!!






10 comments:

  1. Chasing those squirrels all over the place sounds]ed like a fun day you had. Enjoy the super bowl and your snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll have to put a leash on you, never mind Jessie!
    Lots of pretty quilts. The one that hurt your eyes is very nice and the pink one is gorgeous! I will stay on the sidelines and just enjoy them from your blog. I love them but not my forte to make. :)Like lipstick that stays on, haven't found any yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called LipSense Patsy ... and it certainly lasts a long time. A tad bit drying if you don't use lots of gloss. It's mostly for special occasions.

      Delete
  3. It appears that quilting has changed in the eleven years I was away from it. The quilting patterns are just amazing. I guess there are more computers on board the machines guiding the needle. I do love that pink quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quilting has changed, but not for me. I like the old traditional patterns and fabrics MUCH better. That pink one? I'm going to try and find out how to make one.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful Quilts that did what they were supposed to do, catch your attention.
    Squirrel? Have you ever been tested for Attention Deficit Disorder. It wasn't until after I retired with the use of the Internet that I determined what I was plagued with.
    Good Luck getting that makeup off.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the game with your friends.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't Rick ... I figure it's just me getting old! LOL

      Delete
  5. The one you said looks like Cindy’s is right on. She loves small pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use up all your scraps too!! It's just way too much cutting and sewing for me!!!

      Delete