Saturday, February 2, 2019

BOOYAH!!!!!

Say GOODBYE BABY!!  Out with the old and in with the new.

I don't know about you, but if I'm getting a delivery of something, I sit around all day and wait for it.  I thought about heading out to the Saguaro National Park, but with my luck, I'd end up with a flat tire, or they would be at my door at noon.

Amazingly, at 2:30 on the dot, they arrived with my Beauty.  First, they had to take out the old.  It really wasn't a problem until I noted the bad tiles at the entrance steps.  These guys went above and beyond.  In no time there was three layers of cardboard and two big furniture quilts covering the area.  They even used these white plastic strips to keep from marking up the floor.

BYE BYE!!!
And in with the NEW.  It took a little doing, like removing the front door and leaving bad greasy fingerprints, but it was worth the cleanup I had to do.
Once they arrived, it was a mad dash to get everything OUT so they could haul off the old one.  I put all the freezer stuff in a large styrofoam box and everything else just went in a laundry basket.  There was lots of finagling to hook it up, attach the handles and get it leveled.  Run at least two gallons of water through the dispenser to clean out the filter he said.    
I even got to test the "smudge resistant" part.  He left a couple of big prints on the front that just wiped right off with one of those expensive towels I purchased.  

Here she is in all her glory!!  It's so nice not to have the veggie drawer come off the tracks every time I open it.  One of the tricks the salesman told me was to freeze a couple gallon containers of water to stick in the fridge side, helping the temperature rise faster.  It worked like a charm.  I did the same with the freezer side.  

Even the ice cream bars stayed solid.  I had one to celebrate!!  So at long last, the saga of the fridge is over.  The microwave story is just beginning however.  Hopefully Beauty will have her companion soon!!  My new mantra .... be nice Nancy, be patient Nancy ....... so far it's working.  I don't think my blood pressure has gotten over 200!!
Today I'm off for a quilt show in Sierra Vista.  I don't expect to find much since my wallet is on the light side at the moment, but at least it will get me out of the house!!

Tomorrow ..... SUPER BOWL!!!!!!



12 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! yahooie!!
    It is indeed a beauty. Have fun filling it, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy!! I'm glad this one doesn't talk to me in the middle of the night when it turns on.

      Delete
  2. Finally!! Nice looking new fridge.
    Now out of the house and enjoy the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I should just sit here and admire it for awhile!!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Dave ... I'm getting better at that patience things.

      Delete
  4. It's a beauty but now just remember not to overfill it because sooner or later you'll be heading back to California.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the Quilt Show.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right there Rick. I don't need to be hauling MORE stuff around.

      Delete
  5. Your baby is home, and probably cold by now. Yippee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS cold ... didn't take long at all with the gallon jugs of ice.

      Delete
  6. It is a beauty...Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete