Saturday, February 16, 2019

YAY For Discounts!!

I definitely needed something yesterday to make me feel better.  These 2:00 mornings are NOT in my wheel house.  It wasn't much better for Miss Jessie.  She stayed undercover most of the day.  She's very much under the weather, so we're headed to the Vet this morning.
Cooper on the other hand, slept like a baby most of the day.  I try to emulate him every night, but his methods seem to escape me.
It probably didn't help that I got a big dose of sugar.  Here's another test recipe of no-bake lemon cheesecake with lemon curd and graham crackers.  I hate to say it, but the cheesecake part wasn't quite sweet enough, compared to the almost out-dated lemon curd.  I think I'll scratch this one off the list.
While still waiting for the slow boat from China and the donkey from Southern California, all the while letting poor sick Jessie outside every fifteen minutes, I whipped up another wonderful dinner night before last.  Here's the kicker for this one ... it's prosciutto wrapped around chicken.  How easy is that??
I agree, mine doesn't look all that great, but the taste was over the moon.  All I did was wrap two thin pieces of prosciutto around a chicken breast, roll it up, brown in a frying pan and finish cooking in the oven.  Of course I rolled it the wrong way, but it still held together.

The risotto, something I've never made before, was easy peasy.  It just took standing at the stove for 30 minutes stirring and adding in broth.  It was delicious and can you believe it, they even gave me truffle oil for the top.  Maybe not quite as pretty, but this is gourmet restaurant cooking!!!
The main excitement of the day was a trip to the quilt store.  You see in Tucson, unlike where I come from, you get big discounts on your birthday.  Half of your age, to be exact.  

I won't divulge the amount, since it was Patty's birthday, but it was BIG!!  I can't say much because I'm right behind her.  Anyway, this is the pattern I picked for my next quilt, in roughly the same colors.  

When my 12 fabrics were cut, we wandered around the sewing room in back, to find the exact quilt Patty wanted to make.  She had the pattern, but had used the fabric in something else.  With that kind of discount, you can't pass it by.  We picked fabric for HER new quilt as well.  YAY for big discounts!!
For Patty's celebration dinner, Mr. Chance barbecued some amazing T-bone steaks.  Green beans, salad and baked sweet potatoes filled out the menu.  I'm getting used to all this good food.  What's on MY next menu?  Cherry balsamic pork chops.  We're talking gourmet here!!!

In the meantime, I'm trying to get over my heart attack at finding out how much my RV insurance bill will be.  You're not going to believe it!  I think it's time for me to downsize to a small fifth wheel.  I'll give you details tomorrow.







10 comments:

  1. Amazing all those wonderful tasty meals you are making and even enjoying it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who would have thought I could cook?? Nothing even remotely going the cemetery route!

      Delete
  2. When you’re only 39 that’s not much of a discount,, you must’ve lied about your age

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Ed ..... Hahaha you are SO right!!

      Delete
  3. Here’s a question you should pose it to your insurance agent when your RV sits in your yard /Yards is any portion of it covered by your homeowners insurance
    If your RV is in your yard can you get a minimum covered policy and go back to full coverage that you would prefer while you’re driving from point A,s to point B,s
    It seems while your RV is sitting in your yard /Yards you really shouldn’t be paying full coverage for it And it’s not something the Agent usually volunteers to tell you
    If you don’t already have it you may want to check with progressive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Progressive, but my agent doesn't seem to want to check. I rather imagine they get paid on what they sell?????

      Delete
  4. I hope Jesse does not have diabetes like Skruffy does, but she needed out to do her business over and over and over again up in Alaska until she was SO SICK that we almost lost her. "IF" Jesse does have it, I will email all I have about it...hoping Jesse does not have it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily it's not diabetes. I remember what you went through with Skruffy. I'm so glad you found a Vet who knew what to do!!

      Delete
  5. Hello and yes we are still around I just have been out of touch. The rugs you bought in Tubac are beautiful. The gourds were also beautiful hope the donkey gets your tools there soon so you can share yours with us. Hello Fresh sounds like a good idea for what sounds like some pretty delicious food. Plus, how great is that you get the recipe and shopping list if you want to do it on your own. Win...win no more cupboard and refrigerator filled with left over ingredients waiting to die so I can throw them out because we really did not like the recipe. Of course, I have a feeling you need to be stationary for this to work. Darn...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit the nail on the head Deb. I throw out a lot of groceries. When I gather up a few more recipes, I'll put it off a week or two. Then I want to see if I can get the groceries cheaper. You can move around and still receive the packages, you just need a good address, which is kind of hard to find.

      Delete