Wednesday, February 6, 2019

O M I Full .........

Little Grasshopper .... it is not good to eat so much when you are recipe testing.  Actually, it's not good to eat so much at ANY tine!!  I'm sure this guy already knew that.  I found him resting on my patio chair yesterday.  He probably won't last long unless he finds a warm spot.  The high today is expected to be 40-something with the low tonight of 27.  Brrrrrrrrr
After hitting Walmart for some necessities, like a new outdoor rug, a small pair of scissors for my sewing kit that travels around and some witch hazel to remove that makeup from my hand (which didn't work by the way) I stopped in at Safeway for the cooking experiment ingredients.

Who could resist slow cooker chocolate lava cake?  That would NOT be me, but I SHOULD have, if you know what I mean.  I thought my cooker might be a tad too small for this recipe, and I was right. I hate it when that happens.  Instead of two hours, it took three until it looked done.  It could have gone 3-1/2 with no problem.

Let me tell you, this ooey gooey chocolatey treat is beyond fabulous and beyond RICH.  I spooned out a dish full and went to town.  OH MY GOODNESS!!  It was Heaven!!  Until it hit bottom, whereupon I got sick as a dog from eating too much decadent chocolate.  I wobbled over to the couch and sat down for about three hours.  

The next time I need something for a potluck, THIS will be it.  Add a scoop of ice cream and it will make you swoon.  If anyone is interested, I'll pass along the recipe.
I tried to calm the volcano in my stomach with some meatloaf for dinner, but that just seemed to add to the problem.  I spent the next couple hours sewing, trying not to think about the rumbling!!

In the meantime, this little guy got sick again too, but not from cake.  His monthly Interceptor medicine for heart worm made him sick enough to loose his dinner.  Poor baby's face looked like mine after eating all that pudding cake.  
Finally, at dark, I made another foray out into the desert in my four-wheel-drive for sunset pictures, only to run smack dab into the Sheriff.  Yup ... I'm totally on private property, having driven down a coyote trail, over rocks and bushes and finally between two big piles of rock, being suspended high up in the middle.  I wasn't sure I would make that one. 

I held up my camera for him to see and pointed to the West.  I'm not smuggling anything I said under my breath as he waved at me.  Around the corner, I backed up on the rocky hill where I normally park.  When I looked down, he was right beside me.  This image is deceptive (bottom right corner) ... he's actually about 50 yards away, probably running my license plate number.

I just acted all nonchalant as I walked around in full view and began shooting the sunset.  He never stopped me and finally (literally) drove off into the sunset.  Yay!!  No ticket for trespassing!!
This morning Miss Patty and I are headed off to Tubac, the little Indian village turned Artist Colony down near the border.  You never know what we'll bring back, so I cleaned out the back of the Jeep and put the seats down, just in case.  It's shopping time!!!








14 comments:

  1. Oh my all that rich chocolate no wonder you felt unwell. Nice to get out for some photos of the clouds and sunset views. Nice that you were not locked up for trespassing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only was it chocolate, but it was 60% chocolate ... the hard core stuff!!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, the chocolate pudding looks divine. My children when young, called it Chocolate Glop. Not an Insta Pot recipe?
    Phew! Glad you didn't get snagged for trespassing, although that would have been a very interesting blog post from inside a cell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!! The inside of a cell is NOT on my bucket list!!

      Delete
  3. I'd like that recipe,lots of potlucks. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll post it. A little lengthy, but worth it for sure!!

      Delete
  4. The Lava cake sounds rich and delicious and the sunset picture beautiful. Glad to read you are not sending it to us from a cell...lol
    FYI: My daughter sells a permanent lipstick. She said, the one she sells if it is on your lips it will come off with make up remover but on your hand you need to use polish remover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's interesting about the lipstick. I'll try that since it is still clinging tenaciously.

      Delete
  5. I think he can only give you trespassing ticket if the land owner issues a complaint. And yes, I am sure he ran your plates, saw you lived in the area, and apparently he was already married or he would have pulled you over to ask you out on a date. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well rats!!! I'll trespass more often and just MAYBE a single one will show up!

      Delete
  6. Now if you portion out the Lava Cake you should be able to still walk.
    Cooper looks like he could use some attention.
    We're getting the Cooler Temperatures as well.
    Glad you aren't writing this from a Cell.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Sale.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Probably no big deal he was hiding and you caught the high sheriff napping

    ReplyDelete