Saturday, April 18, 2015

The Apple Doctor And The King!!

GOOD MORNING!!!!   I'm screaming that very loudly this morning so my neighbors can hear!!  I'm a farm girl ... we go to bed and get up with the chickens.  I'm pretty sure even the chickens were awake last night as my neighbor had another beer party.  I just can't imagine anyone so dumb as to let underage kids drink at their house.

With at least 40-50 people talking loudly in their driveway between our homes and cars doors slamming, I actually had to turn my TV up to drown out the noise.  By midnight, I moved to the farthest end of my house and shut all the doors in between, only to be vibrated by the boom box from the car closest to my driveway.  I debated calling the Sheriff, but don't want any bad blood between neighbors, especially when I'm not here that often!!

I'm getting cranky ... a bad sign ... so I called him up and left a nice message.  Really, I was nice as pie.  When he called me back, he sounded like he had been sound asleep.  How is that possible??  He said it was his daughter's party (she's just out of high school) and apologized for the noise.  I have no problem with the kids, after all, they're just having fun (but I was thinking, they should not be drinking, you dummy!!!)  Shortly after, the BOOM BOOM BOOM stopped and I fell asleep.   As I'm typing this,  he is running around my yard picking up all the beer bottles!!  What a nice neighbor!!
In other morning news ..... wait for it ................ there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with my Apple MacBook Pro laptop computer.  In talking to Mark at the "Genius Bar" however, it seems the iMacs have been getting sick and having issues right and left.  He drew blood, took it's temperature and ran a complete body scan to find nothing wrong.  In order to help with the Internet problem, he deleted all of the connection data and asked me to reconnect when I got home.  I'm sure happy she got a clean bill of health.  

My router on the other hand, is at death's door.  Apparently routers are like computers.  The upgrades are so great, so often, that they quickly become obsolete and need to be replaced.  That should increase my speed immensely!!  Mark even moved most of my important data from the old computer to the new.  AND he's cute to boot!!!

The other good news ... the King called to say he had searched all over his kingdom and found a beautiful new black box for calculating tax collection.  The bad news ... he was bringing it by MY house to program!!  Seriously???  I have no clue how to do that!!  "Oh just read the book he said, I have a golf tournament"!!

The NEW black box is heavy, made of metal and a bear to get out of the crate it was packed in.  Whoever wrote THIS magic spell book must have gone to my neighbor's party!!  I've never seen instructions more convoluted than this.  It took me over an hour just to figure out how to change between text and numbers when entering information!!  At least it has FIVE spaces for money, so we can throw away the cardboard box we used as the fifth space.  

Here's a good one ... there is no ON or OFF key.  It's always awake (kind of like me last night), until it goes to sleep for lack of use.  After two hours I was able to cast a couple of spells which seem to be working.  If I can figure out how to get it to spit out totals and breakdowns, I may just leave my ruby slippers home!!!  I have three days ... well two really, because today I plan on catching up on my beauty sleep!!!

2 comments:

  1. When I drive down 99 Sunday morning headed north, I'll try not to honk my horn. (At least the class C is just a horn...our Class A was like a Trucker's horn...that you might have heard...lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard you Dave and I'm waving!!!! Have a safe trip today!!!!

      Delete