Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Prince Charming Comes To The Rescue .....

Long long ago in a land far away ..... oops ... wrong story.  Just yesterday, worried about the programming of the black box, having completed the chores in MY little castle, I began to gather up everything I needed for the trip to the Magic Kingdom.  My first problem was that the magic box must remain plugged in or it will divest itself of all my hard work and I will be back at square one.  My timing had to be exact, so once loaded into the chariot, with the book of magic spells tucked in my purse next to the ruby slippers, I raced off to the Magic Kingdom!!
Breathless, I rushed in carrying the huge box, threw it on the table and tried to plug it in.  You know what happened ... the cord was too short.  So I hauled it around the table and threw it on the floor.  I would have run a couple of tests, but this crazy machine won't work without a full stomach of paper products, and the dungeon where they are kept is locked!

About that time, Prince Charming appeared and offered to buy me a drink.  After explaining my predicament, THAT sounded like a good idea, so off we went to the upstairs tower.  Along the way, we scrounged for adding machine tape, but all the doors were locked and none was to be found.  That drink was sounding better every minute.  Sorry to disappoint Prince Charming, but I had a pepsi while we discussed how to break in to the Kings Chamber.  Amazingly, the bartender found a roll of the correct product, which prompted me to run back down stairs to get the machine up and running.

By that time, the dungeon was unlocked and my supplies came rolling out.  I plugged in the black box with much trepidation, lassoed a peasant to verify my handiwork, and with the very last button ........... we were NOT in business because the last button didn't work right.  Okay, what ugly stepsisters have been messing with the black box???  Out came the ruby slippers .......

Once reprogrammed (I actually remembered how), we were off and running.  Somewhere along the line I remember programming the receipt NOT to advance when we just opened the drawer.  Apparently that means it doesn't advance until your sale is complete.  Not good!!  Since the peasants have trouble deciding what games they want, we really need to be able to pull up that receipt to see what they have purchased so far.  Try as I might to click my ruby slipper heels together, it wasn't happening baby.

Once the peasants paid all their taxes and the King began calling numbers, Prince Charming came and kept me company while I tried to come up with a spell from the Black Magic book.  Unfortunately, since being locked up in the castle alone for so many years, I need quiet to read and think ... which wasn't going to happen as someone yelled BINGO.  ONE WINNER!!!

OH NO!!!!  Cinderella forgot how to do a payout on this new black box!!!!  With the ruby slippers clicking frantically, I tried to read through the half inch thick manual to find the payout instructions.  I know it's here ... the King told me this machine had that function!!  I couldn't find anything, so I just gave them the money.  It's better NOT to have an uprising on your hands in the Magic Kingdom!!!

Eventually I found the correct spell, punched four keys instead of the normal one, as the $250 payout was recorded.  We're not talking pennies here ... which is why the peasants get upset so easily!!

I did get a chance to run a couple of voids and figure out where they were accounted for, while showing Prince Charming how to set up an email account in his new I-Phone.  By the end of the night, I was more tired than if I spent all day on my knees scrubbing floors!!  The amazing part ..... when I finally got out my abacus for the final tally, I was right on the money!!  WHEW!!!  Cinderella was a happy girl!!!!

I'm sure this won't be the end of the story, as the Magic Kingdom is providing dinner for everyone at the Relay for Life fundraiser this Saturday.  This time Cinderella will be stuck in the kitchen, or rather on the College racing track, boiling mountains of pasta.  Hey .... it's better than scrubbing the floors!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment