Saturday, April 25, 2015

HOW FRUSTRATING!! (Big Sigh)

I still have a big lump on my head and sore muscles from washing the motorhome in preparation for the upcoming rally ..... AND IT RAINS!!!! ... right here in California, where it hasn't rained but two days the entire year!!!  Since I didn't climb up on the roof and wash it too, I'm sure there will again be nice big dirty streaks all down the sides.  I just want to climb back in bed!!  How frustrating that I will again have the dirtiest rig at the rally!!!  RATS!!!
It's not just a little rain either .... it's been coming down since about midnight when I woke up to my gutter chattering on the side of the bedroom.  What's up with that??  I've never heard such a racket ... and I'm sure it's firmly attached.  I see many more ladder trips in my future!!

As I looked out the front window at my sprinklers running full blast ... I upped them a little last night because the grass was dying ... I heard the dreaded waterfall sound to my right, meaning I have a gutter plugged up.  How could THAT possibly be??  Sure enough, the entire length of this gutter from me to that wall, has a curtain of water streaming down in front of the window, thus the big puddle in the flower bed.  It's kind of nice really, sort of like a swimming pool waterfall, but I don't want the entire gutter to fall off!!  I was so sure I had all of this taken care of!!!
The rain is supposed to keep up for another four hours before I'll know the damage done.  It's also going to put a slight damper, literally, on the Relay For Life cancer drive being held at the College track and field stadium all day today.  My Elks lodge, meaning the Bingo Crew, provides dinner for everyone that shows up.  I'm the pasta cooker/timer person, and we are scheduled to start cooking at 4:30 p.m. today, so I hope it quits raining well before then.  I better go find all my rain gear, just in case!!!

Just so you know, I'm not looking at the rig .... I don't want to see all my hard work go down the drain ... I'm not looking, I'm NOT looking!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment