Thursday, October 30, 2014

THE GIANTS WIN THE WORLD SERIES ... AGAIN!!!

If you didn't watch Game 7 of the World Series, you missed the biggest and best game ever played in baseball!!  The old saying, "when you gotta good horse, ride em" couldn't be more true.

Twenty five year old Madison Bumgarner recently signed with the Giants for another 7 years at a measly $35 million.  That's cheap in baseball language!!  He's been a good pitcher ... but the games he pitched in this World Series were the best in baseball ... EVER!!!  He's a tall lanky kid that just couldn't miss.  He kept striking out the Royals players one after another.  Most pitchers pitch one game in five.  He pitched a full basically-no-hitter game three days before.  Last night he came out and threw another FIVE full innings to win the World Series.  Most great pitcher's earned run averages are in the 1.XX range.  Madison's World Series ERA was .25 ... the lowest in the world.  He's a legend in baseball!!  That's never happened before and probably won't ever happen again!!

Kudos to Manager Bruce Bochi for keeping him in and riding that horse to the winners circle!!  Bochi did say that he tried to stay away from Madison because he was afraid the pitcher would say he was getting tired.  But Madison had no intention of letting his team down.  At 6'5" and 235 pounds, he had what it takes to become a LEGEND in San Francisco AND Baseball history!!!

9 comments:

  1. I agree with you Madison was great though out the series. I feel he won the series for the Giants the weigh was on his shoulders and carried it without complying.
    Sorry, but after the poor showing Tuesday night I have written them off. I was really upset with Brandon Belt’s in the third ending on Tuesday evening.
    Jim,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote them off too Jim ... actually changed the channel so I didn't have to watch ... but that's just the Giants. It's TORTURE almost every game, some times more so than others ... it's how they roll!! Trouble is I keep going back because I'm a San Francisco fan, good or bad!!

      Delete
  2. Yes, it was sure a sweet game and sweet night. I remember the days of watching games at the "Stick", even attended the All Star Game on July 10, 1984 at Candlestick....21 Strikeouts in the game, a record which was later broken. Love the SF Giants, the "old Giants" (Mays, McCovey, Alou Brothers, the list is long...), and the modern day Giants, though I don't follow them as I did when I was younger. Now if we could just get the Niners back on track.... --Dave (GoingRvWay.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say I have a soft spot for the old guys too. It was hard for me to go from season to season and always see new players on the team because the older guys were STILL such good players. It's unusual to have so many guys still on the team from 3 years ago!!!

      Delete
  3. Nancy, congratulations to you and your Giants. I only saw the first inning. We were driving home till late. Having not seen the game I can't be sure, but I suspect you are not the most objective person when it comes to the Giants. LOL. Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm laughing Jim, because usually you would be correct. THIS time however, those were the words of the Sportscasters and the losing team's coach. I'm sorry you missed the game ... it was 3-2 Giants until the ninth inning, when the Royals got the tying run to third base. In the last out, MadBum got Perez to pop fly out, caught by Pablo Sandoval. The crowd went wild ... including me!! Torture to the very end ... as usual!!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on 68,000 page views. Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first big league experience was at the old Seals Stadium, where I watched the new S.F. Giants right after they moved west from N.Y. in 1958. Also attended games at the "stick", and have been a fan for over 50 years. Now, if I could just get "someone", who used to be a Giants season ticket holder, who still has connections, to take me to a game at the new AT&T park, I would be one of the few who has been to all 3 of the Giants home stadiums. Thanks for the birthday shout!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask and ye shall receive. Pick a game, let me know the date and it's yours!!! Might even be able to get Opening Day April 13!!! Hopefully my 50 amp service will be installed by then too!!!

      PS Bring your toolbox!!! LOL

      Delete