Friday, October 24, 2014

How Did I Miss Halloween???

I know I've been a little sidetracked, what with unloading the rig, finding a place for all my new treasures and dealing with the attempted murder in the driveway, along with explaining yes, that WAS my house on the news, but it was NOT my driveway!!  Somewhere in-between all that, Halloween just disappeared!!  I made my usual foray to Michael's yesterday to pick up a couple of things for my front door to scare the little kids!!  Not that anyone will ever come to my house again after the "incident".  The thought crossed my mind to make up a dummy and place him face down on the lawn with lots of fake blood, but figured that might be in bad taste!!  Maybe NEXT year!!

There were about 5 pumpkins outside Michaels on the sidewalk and NOTHING inside.  What happened to Halloween???  I couldn't even find anything for Thanksgiving.  It was Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!!!  When I asked the salesgirl, she said there was a rack of sale stuff I could check out.  Yeah right ... all the "stuff" no one wanted to buy was stacked on one small shelf in the corner.  You know, the bags for treats (who puts treats in bags??) ... the gaudy cheap plastic trays for your fancy Halloween party appetizers ... the molded cookie trays to make yummy fingers ... nothing that was on MY list!!

So when I got home with NO bags of cool decorations to hang up, I pulled out my old boyfriend, Slim.  He's lost a little weight since I hung him in the closet, but this gave me a GREAT idea.  If I can't decorate my house, I'll decorate my car and rig.  From now on, this guy will be my passenger in the Jeep and my Co-Pilot in the rig!!  That should help bring Halloween the attention it deserves!!!
First thing on the list today is the crock pot ... I'm going to fill it with chili verde ... dinner for a week at least ... but I was sidetracked by the beautiful sunrise!!  Yup this is a RISE, not a SET!!  Pretty gorgeous, don't you think??
The amazing part was that it covered the entire sky.  This shot is looking East ... 
With this one looking West a few minutes later.  Pretty cool .... literally.  In the morning the light is always cool and blue.  In the evening, warm and golden, hence the Golden Hour, which is the best for taking all those family portraits!!
Time to get to work ... look out pork butt ... I'm coming to chop you to pieces!!  Dinner's calling.  Maybe a little later I'll check out the Dollar Store for a couple of table decorations.  


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I know what you mean about the halloween decorations, they don't have any here either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I should have started looking in August, Jan!!! Really, I just wanted the pumpkins for Thanksgiving Dinner!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I cry foul Tom!!! You KNOW there's no Cracker Barrel close to me!!! LOL Hope you both enjoyed dinner!!!!

      Delete
  3. Tom, no Cracker Barrel in California or in the Northwest. Nancy, try JoAnn Fabrics if one is nearby. I bought a few items after the fact and saved a few dollars. Lynn Cross

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found a couple of things at Hobby Lobby Lynn, but not what I needed. I even ventured out to Walmart with no results ... but I did pick up some cupcake makings!!!

      Delete
  4. Nancy, I think you can do better than Slim! Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know Jim ... at least he doesn't eat much!!! LOL

      Delete