Sunday, December 31, 2023

IT'S PARTY TIME !!!!

 Here we go again!  I think it was just last week that I finally remembered to write 2023 on my checks.  It's because I probably only write 20 a year.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!  So now we all have to remember to write in 2024!!  Honestly, with all the crazy stuff I've done in my life, I'm just happy to still be around.  And surprised ... SO surprised (and very thankful) that I made it this far!!


It was a nice relaxing morning, so of course we had to play the ball game.  I toss it on the couch ......


He catches it and rolls it back off the edge.  I throw it again .... and on and on and on!  I'm pretty sure this is why I'm still agile enough to get up off the floor.


I decided on an old throwback for breakfast.  When you are mule packing in the mountains, there is no supply of fresh (or even sour) milk.  Good old canned Carnation Evaporated Milk was what we used in all our cooking because if the mules bucked the packs off, it remained in tact.  Anyone remember the old can opener that would only punch a hole in one side?  Worst case, if you forgot it, your pocketknife would work too.  You know, the same one you used to clean out your horses hooves.  

That canned milk held over to our kitchen also, when the cow wasn't producing enough for drinking AND cooking.  This is our Christmas breakfast casserole ... eggs, canned milk, grated cheese and canned chili peppers.  It was baked in a loaf pan for almost an hour.  I think that was to get the canned milk taste to dissipate.

This being much thinner, I probably over baked it, but it tasted like Christmas on the ranch.  Add a few pieces of bacon and we were in Heaven.  There was NEVER cold cereal on Christmas!!!


Full to the brim, it was time to hit the road.  I had two more sets of books to finish off for 2023.  Do I mind all that work?  Heck no ... I get paid well and I love my clients.  I even got a bonus that I decided I should pass on.  Let me just say I am NOT a Starbucks fan ... however, some of my Bingo girls ARE.  

Too bad this doesn't say Merry Christmas like in the old days, but it's okay.  In fact, in the REALLY old days we used to go from state to state and collect these cards, to be used again and again.  Hawaii was the favorite design, and I still have it around here somewhere.  

Anywho .... I'm spreading Christmas and New Year's cheer!!


A stop at the Pet Store garnered a bag of filet mignon for Cooper.  People wonder why no one shops the stores any more ... all ordering on Amazon.  Here's one reason ... that small 5# bag of dog food cost me $22.00.  I can get a 15# bag on Amazon for $30.  I just needed a little more to last Cooper for the next month and I didn't want to carry a big bag around.  I'll know better next time.

Last stop ... a Walmart order.  It kills me to admit I love this store.  I hate the self checkouts however, so I've been buying most everything on-line.  The problem with that is you can be fooled by the size.  This looks like a normal sized bottle of wine, yes?  Wasn't I surprised when I went to pick it up and almost dropped the bottle.  These are TWICE the size of a regular bottle of wine.  AND ONLY $3.28 each!!

WOOHOO!!!  WE'RE HAVING A PARTY!!  Actually, I'm saving this for Quartzsite, if I ever get there.


In case you were wondering what my evening plans are ..... this is it!!  I'm pretty sure I won't be sleeping however, since this is Fireworks Central.  I expect it to go on all night long, followed by 25 missing dogs because people just won't put them inside the house.  


And so my friends, another year ends in success because I'm still kicking.  I can't thank you enough for reading my blog and responding to all my questions.  As you know, I'm always in need of expertise.  Hopefully it brings out a few laughs here and there because we can always use more of that!!!   I hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year!!!  SEE YOU IN 2024!!!!





25 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! :) You lucked out on that wine, good stuff and price! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorites and SUCH a good price!!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Nancy 🎉 all the best. See you in 2024!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill ... same to you and Patsy. See you soon!

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Nancy! See you in 2024. Yay, we all survived!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Ol Lady. May this next year be even better than this last year. I was thinking like you, just happy to have made it through life this far and done all the stuff I"ve done, so far.
    Bobseyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Ed said FYI Happy new year. Today’s date is 123123 And to make it even more interesting when the clock says 1:23, it will be 123123123

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you and Riley!! Hope the weather clears up a bit for the desert folks.

      Delete
  7. Although we have heard an occasional 'boom', last night it was non-stop from around 7 pm to midnight. BOOM...wait 30 seconds....BOOM BOOM BOOM...wait 15 seconds...etc. Poor Indy went outside and just as she was starting to squat, BOOM...she immediate ran back to the door. I had to wait until 2 am to let her out, when I had got up to do my own duty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year Nancy!
    The best to you in 2024!
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Frances!!! My New Years resolution is that we will get together this year!!

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year and your morning blog is a great way to start my day. You always bring a smile !
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Another trip around the sun. Amazing when you think about it.

      Delete
  11. Happy New Year Nancy! Have enjoyed your posts during 2023, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's amazing I'm acquainted with so many people around the world!!

      Delete
  12. $3.28 for Barefoot!! I need to make a Walmart stop. Happy New Year. I'm looking forward to seeing you in AZ ...somewhere....sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I'll make it Elva!!! I'll bring one of those bottles!!

      Delete