Thursday, December 7, 2023

It Was CHICKEN DINNER Time!!

 There are not enough hours in the day.  Tuesday was about as crazy as it gets!  Let's just say I was at the Elks Lodge at 10:30 in the morning and never stopped running for TWO days.


I think I'll put a cot in the attic so I can get some sleep!  Here I am, minding my own business, tearing up those red tickets for next weeks game.  The crowd was getting bigger and bigger, but I can't open the doors until the Pull Tab section opens.  Problem was, no one showed up to run it.  The pitchforks and flaming torches instantly appeared.  

When I finally said GO, the peasants rushed the castle turret and we were overtaken.  Yessirree ... we were late opening up.  The line was clear around the room when I had to leave for one of those meetings.  It should have been short, but it lasted over an hour.  

Can you imagine?  My Fairy Godmother who can run the register when I'm gone, has to play the cards she purchased, so one of the Knights stepped in to run the infernal machine.  He's never even touched the mini infernal machine before.  Chaos ensued!!


By the time I got back, there were receipts all over the table, I was cranky, the peasants were cranky ... just a normal Bingo night!  

The rest of the night was intermingled with distractions as one lady who plays every week, played all of her cards at one time.  Half are for the first half games, and half are for the last half games.  She must have been as distracted as I was.  We replaced her cards.  Really, there must have been some bad juju .... all night long.

The good news ... in case you were wondering what $1199 looks like ... my friend who helps me sell bingo every night, then plays the games later in the evening, is getting a nice chicken dinner.  WINNER WINNER ... chicken dinner!!!  She's been playing (and helping) for over two years and this is the first time she won.


Soon it was infernal machine time.  Well you can imagine how that went with three people on the machine, one of whom wasn't really trained.  I knew we were about $75 off, but I didn't care, nor did I look to see what the final tab was.  

I cleaned out the till and headed home.  I would be back at 8:00 in the morning.

Oh yeah ... another meeting.  It's funny how when the chips are down, no one can show up.  There were two of us that took care of business for the next three hours before I headed off to the MRI.

This wasn't a first ... I've had two in the past ... but THIS one was just peachy.  Surprisingly, I was checked in and CALLED in ten minutes before my appointment time.  How could that be?  These guys really know how to operate!

Uh oh .. this is the long tunnel kind.  I'm pretty claustrophobic .. in fact REAL claustrophobic.  She put ear phones on my head and asked what kind of music I like.  Country of course!  I squeezed my eyes shut as the table began to move.  The horrible noise began.  Good grief ... I never heard one single note of music for the next twenty minutes.  

Well that was fun.  Luckily I didn't panic, but I came close.  Out the door I went, when the picture wars began.  As you know, I'm a huge fan of GOOD burgers.  Mr. and Mrs. Chance sent a nah-nah nah-na-na picture of them eating a huge Divine Bovine burger.  NOOOOO ... not fair!! 

So I drove straight to Habit Burger for THIS picture to send back.  No, I didn't eat all this.  I stuck the Oreo milkshake in the freezer, along with the coke, before polishing off the burger and half the sweet potato fries, savoring every bite.  


I was hoping the coke would take the edge off the terrific headache I had from the noisy MRI machine.  Has anyone ever put their coke in the freezer?  Well if not, DON'T do it.  It expanded into a beautiful waterfall that cascaded all the way to the bottom of the freezer.  Oh it was beautiful ... little squiggles here and there.  The good news is it froze on the way down, so all I had to do was eat the icicles.  TA DA!!  All cleaned up.

There was more, I had another meeting at 5:00, but I'll tell you about that one tomorrow because I've got one more meeting today and TWO more tonight.  The fun just never ends!!! 




17 comments:

  1. I'm seeing some good looking milkshakes the last couple of days LOL. Habit does make great burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the hamburger and fries looked good. I am meetinged, is that a word...lol, out and all I did was read your last couple of blogs. I really, really like Walmart curbside. I have only returned maybe 2 things and no lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot I was on my phone this is Deb Duchaine...lol

      Delete
    2. I am always surprised by Walmarts food service. I'll be using it more often.

      Delete
  3. All the sudden I am dying for a good burger! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard not to have them more often, they are that good.

      Delete
  4. I have had one MRI in my life and at this moment getting anxiety thinking of it and yours. It took everything I had not to panic and scream in there. I made the mistake of opening my eyes to see the top of the tube inches from my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be better if it were completely dark because I'm sure I could see that tube through my eyelids. NOT fun!

      Delete
  5. That burger looks good!
    MRI no fun I'm claustrophobic too! I would have to be hit over the head with a hammer before I could do it.
    You are brave kiddo.
    Frances:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just kept my eyes closed tight. I don't think it's the noise, it's just the thought you can't raise up your head.

      Delete
  6. MRI in hospital they put me under!! If need a cat scan I put a washcloth over my face! Yes, have the same problem with close to my face. Never put coke in the freezer....did put ice cream in the oven-you know to soften it up.....then forgot. What a mess. ( I was about 13 )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey .. a washcloth is a good idea. When she told me 15-20 minutes, I almost chickened out! Ice cream in the oven????? I'm laughing at that one!!

      Delete
  7. I was worried about the coke in the freezer...hmmm...not good. I wonder how I know...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha ... I know not to put CANS in the freezer, but I never thought this would expand like it did.

      Delete
  8. Mri, never had one but my heart is pumping hearing you talk about it.
    I know about coke in the freezer but i can't even remember why i did it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I couldn't drink it and eat the whole burger, so I thought I would save it for later. Didn't want it watered down. Now I know!!

      Delete